October 21 - NYC BBQ Class

Wine & Swine - cups should do it. Since you like wine, bring that too. And don't forget a corkscrew.

Richard - today's head count is just over 30.

BrooklynQ said:
Wine & Swine - cups should do it. Since you like wine, bring that too. And don't forget a corkscrew.

Richard - today's head count is just over 30.
That's great - Glad to hear it's going to be such a big turnout.

I helped a few years ago with some logistics in setting up 2 classes with Paul Kirk. One heck of a guy and your right. He dont put up with no bullchit. Everyone who attends his class will learn lots. I suggest each and every one of you attending take a big notepad and some pens. You will be overdosed with awesome information. Good luck to you students and you will have a great time.

Mike

Judges Needed

:!: Hey all--

We can use a few more judges for the class. Anyone interested? It should be a nice day tomorrow, and this is a great chance to spend some time with the Baron. Please let me or Rob (brooklynq) know if you're interested.

We expect judging to be around 4pm or so.

Bring beer.

I already bought the beer. See you then.

edit: I just drank the beer. Going to buy some more.

It's been at least a couple of hours since the class ended - I'm dissapointed, no pictures yet.

Pictures tomorrow. I've never been so tired in my life. Great time.Great class. Great hanging with my brothers and sisters.

Congrats to Rob and to Matt for pulling off an amazing day! So many great people, some much great food. Thanks guys for pulling it off despite all of the headaches!

WOW! In addition to meeting some amazing people today (Rob, Matt, Nancee, Sledneck, Michelle, etc. etc.) and picking up some great cooking tips, I also discovered I'm a full fledged farker! Sorry for this waste of a post but I only get to become a full fledged farker once....

RichardF said:
It's been at least a couple of hours since the class ended - I'm dissapointed, no pictures yet.

Heres one. We were showing off how nice the color of our rubs were on our fingertips. But the camera didnt pick it up. It really looks like we were flipping off the photographer doesnt it. ??

:mrgreen: :eusa_clap :mrgreen:

Bottom one is Backyardchef and large marge.

Had loads of fun... got throughtly abused by Paul Kirk. Great to meet bbq mafia, and a few others i havent met yet.

Attachments

• PA211071.JPG
    PA211071.JPG
    141 KB · Views: 71
  • PA211068.JPG
    PA211068.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 71
Information overload!!!! Great class. Thank you to Rob and Matt for putting it together. Had a great time and and learned some great stuff. Now let me go off and read my books.

Nice pic, but what are all of those tall things in the background? Silos? Grain elevators?

Just kidding. I've seen pictures of tall buildings before. Good show to Matt and Rob. What a fine group I'm so proud to be associated with.

I learned that the Baron aint allergic to foil at all. Or is he? :twisted:

And was reminded what a great group of people bbq'ers are. It was awesome to meet and hang out w/ Clint (SmokeInDaEye), the Poobah, BBQMafia (Phil and his wife), Wine & Swine (John), Nancee, Smoker, Sledneck, SawdustGuy's Wife (Michelle), Nancee and everyone else-- I apologize if I'm forgetting anyone. Didn't get too much sleep.

Great day with lots of info. I think getting to pick the Baron's brain was the best part about the class itself. But seeing all the smokers w/ smoke rising against the skyline and just hanging with a bunch of bbq cookers on a clear fall Saturday morning is awesome. Unfortunately, it was a bad day for trailers. The twin lang supplied by RUB had a slight accident w/ the jack wheel and when I got home, Large Marge jacknifed a bit backing into the driveway and her hitch and jack are farked :mad: Oh well....nothing serious and no one's hurt.....

Attachments

• DSC03659.JPG
    DSC03659.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC03574.JPG
    DSC03574.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC03545.JPG
    DSC03545.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 63
Those pics look great... Made me jealous (in a good way) that I could not attend but glad to hear everyone had a blast though and the other Brethren got something positive out of it..

I've have his Champ BBQ book but sure wouldn't mind anyone willing to let a few "tips" or "tricks" sneak out ? :wink:

Thank you Rob & Matt for a great day. Paul was such a great guy and an incredible wealth of knowledge/experience. Thanks again BBQMafia for letting my Dadf and I use your Lang smoker (what a great machine too bad about our brisket, maybe it will make good beans). great to get to hang out with such a great group of people. I am trying to attach some photos, we'll see how that works.
Sunrise-1.jpg

WOW!!! What a great Day. I am exhausted. Rob and Matt....Thank You so much for organizing such a great event. The Baron was terrific and I learned so much. It was also great to spend the day with alot of super people. I don't know , you guys did a great job with Grilling on the Bay and yesterdays BBQ class, what's next for Matt and Rob?

backyardchef said:
I learned that the Baron aint allergic to foil at all. Or is he? :twisted:
Yeah. Right. I'm sure at the mention of the 321 method for ribs he exclaimed with glee that he thought that was the best way to cook. More than likely he said something about why not just boil them...

Back