October 21 - NYC BBQ Class

OK guys as of tonight we're close to half full. So far, we've only got 4 Brethren on board

(Assuming everyone who said they'e coming sends a check - I can't believe the response so far over the weekend. It was keeping me awake during the week wondering if we'd be able to do this!)

The real media push will begin on Monday, so if you're thinking about attending now's the time to get off the fence.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who's the 4th brother? So far it looks like Poobah, Sledneck and myself.

Nancee of Purple Turtle and the 5th is Sawdustguy's wife Michelle.

Well, since it looks like I am in, do you need any cookers? I can bring a whole trailerload if you need me to
nancee

BrooklynQ said:
Nancee of Purple Turtle and the 5th is Sawdustguy's wife Michelle.

A whole trailer load? Not that many.

What did you cook on at Belmont? I'd like to play with that cooker.

I can certainly bring that. Backwoods Competitor.

BrooklynQ said:
A whole trailer load? Not that many.

What did you cook on at Belmont? I'd like to play with that cooker.

All those people that don't come are going to miss out on the surprise....too bad for them.

I can't wait to check out that Backwoods....

Man Rob. I really wish I could pull it off. Sounds like a once-in-a-lifetime class.

Unfortunately having spent quite a bit of cash getting competition gear together this year, I've now got this "line" in front of me and a wife just waiting for me to cross it...You get the picture, I'm sure!

I'd be happy to come lend a helping hand with setup or whatever if you find you need it.

As of today, checks are coming in the mail. Should be a great group. Anybody who's still thinking it over should come on in....it's shaping up to be a super day....

Guys - if you are interested in attending, I need you check NOW. You don't want to get shut out.

In the mail today I got checks for 4 people who had not contacted me or Matt before sending in their checks. We had no idea that they were even interested or even existed.

Spots are issued on a first come/first in basis. Get me your check!

Rob, how are we on smokers. As you now I am coming and bringing my Dad as well. We are not planning on bringing smokers. I am hoping to get to work on some of the bigger rigs, as that is what we are planning on moving up to in the Spring, hopefully. I know Nancee had offered to bring some cookers, if necessary. Also if I need to bring charcoal/wood. Thank you again. Can not wait.

It would be great if you can bring some charcoal and wood. We should be ok with cooker space. I'm bringing my trailer and maybe another kettle, Rob is bringing something, and I think we'll have a twin Lang 84 as well as Nancy's Backwoods. Drop me a line through here if you need anything else. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday.......

A request to our brothers.
A call to help a couple of brothers in need.

To those of you coming to the Paul Kirk Class on Saturday.

Please.

We beg you.

Bring lots of beer.

Please.

How much is lots? Since I am borrowing everyones smokers, I will bring a couple cases, any brand in particular, bottles ok or does it need to be cans.

Cans would be better - and paper cups. Paul Kirk will kick out drunks. I've been warned.

Rob, I was going to go Restaurant Depot tomorrow to pick a few bags of Royal Oak, I will pick up some cups as well. Anything else?

What's the current head-count? Are you getting a big turn-out? Sounds like it will be a blast.

Back