THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Those look AWESOME!!! We are big pizza makers too, but have really only used the oven in the house. I feel I may need to step my pizza game up as i've never seen these Pizza Kettles before.

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated!

This is my go-to recipe for pizza dough. I've been using it for over 35-years now.

31443560968_8c15cfca6c_z.jpg

1-cup warm water (100*-110*)
1-packet yeast (I use the Fleischmann's “Pizza Crust” packets)
1/2-tsp sugar
1-tsp salt
1-tbsp veg or olive oil
2.5-3-cups bread flour

In a large mixing bowl, I add the yeast and sugar to the warm water and let it dissolve. Takes about 5 minutes. Then add the salt and oil. Mix that around to dissolve the salt. Add 2-cups of the flour and get an even consistency. Start adding the last cup of flour while kneading the dough. I stop adding flour, once the dough is just barely dry enough to pull away from my fingers without sticking. I cut the dough into equal sized pieces, depending on the size and thickness of crust I want. Put the dough balls into lightly oiled bowls, then place into the oven to rise (a bowl of hot water, in the oven, seems to help the dough rise quicker/better). Prepare pizzas right away to avoid the dough from drying out, or put lids on them.

One question...

How long/much do you let them rise?

Back