October 12th Pizza Cook

Those look AWESOME!!! We are big pizza makers too, but have really only used the oven in the house. I feel I may need to step my pizza game up as i've never seen these Pizza Kettles before.

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feedback, much appreciated!

This is my go-to recipe for pizza dough. I've been using it for over 35-years now.

31443560968_8c15cfca6c_z.jpg

1-cup warm water (100*-110*)
1-packet yeast (I use the Fleischmann's “Pizza Crust” packets)
1/2-tsp sugar
1-tsp salt
1-tbsp veg or olive oil
2.5-3-cups bread flour

In a large mixing bowl, I add the yeast and sugar to the warm water and let it dissolve. Takes about 5 minutes. Then add the salt and oil. Mix that around to dissolve the salt. Add 2-cups of the flour and get an even consistency. Start adding the last cup of flour while kneading the dough. I stop adding flour, once the dough is just barely dry enough to pull away from my fingers without sticking. I cut the dough into equal sized pieces, depending on the size and thickness of crust I want. Put the dough balls into lightly oiled bowls, then place into the oven to rise (a bowl of hot water, in the oven, seems to help the dough rise quicker/better). Prepare pizzas right away to avoid the dough from drying out, or put lids on them.

One question...

How long/much do you let them rise?

Back