Oakridge BBQ's Santa Maria Loin Chop

colonel00

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I was hungry so I cooked a loin chop today. I had been wanting to try out Oakridge BBQ's Santa Maria rub that I got in a sample pack. Man, I am glad I did. Mike, if you see this, expect another order as this stuff is outstanding. The aroma is fantastic. I was only cooking for one so I had the SJG going just outside my garage. I cooked the chop indirect for a bit while I farked around on here. When I walked back into the garage I was greeted with an amazing smell. Also, it has enough pepper and spice to give it a kick and great flavor without completely overwhelming the meat.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMAG0847.jpg

IMAG0848.jpg

IMAG0851.jpg

IMAG0853.jpg

IMAG0854.jpg

*sorry for the mediocre photos. I was lazy and only used my phone camera.*

Thanks to Caseydog for enhancing the photo

picture.php

I got a sample pack from Mike too, but I haven't tried the Santa Maria yet. NOW, I'm gonna have to go for it. Thanks for the inspiration!

I am sorry that it wasn't the primo cook with pics, but I was just trying to pump up Mike and Oakridge BBQ. I have tried a couple Santa Maria rubs but this one as hands done the best.

picture.php

Great chop Colonel... CD may take better pics but that pork holds up to any meal I've seen! :thumb:

I did a ribeye last evening as my first use of the Oak Ridge Santa Maria and it was delightful! Dandy products! I liked the Prime Dust in my last brisket last week too!

Back