THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I didn't get the original email, but got one today. That is devastating news. Game Changer brine and Secret Weapon rubs have been a mainstay at our house for years. So very sorry to hear this. Mike, never met you but good luck and I hope you find a way to reopen someday. Everything I ever got from OakRidge was top notch and got great reviews when used.

I felt bad last night placing my order and piling on to the backlog Mike already has.
But I wanted to send Mike out with a bang too!
Spent more than I should have but the Santa Maria, Smokey Chili Lime, HDD, Carne Crosta, and Black Ops serve me well.
Best wishes to you in the future Mike. God is good all the time.

Mike sent out an email recently saying they got a years worth of orders in two days. (Cant remember specifically).

I'd say he's gonna go out with a bang!

Glad to hear we have a little more time. I have 3 lbs of Carne Crosta coming, that I ordered right away. I'll be giving some away, because that's more than I can use in any reasonable time ("Eat more steak!"). I need to get some more Black Ops.

And then, there are all those other Oakridge rubs that I haven't tried, but people love.

I ordered a pound of SPOGOS, 1.5lb Carne Crosta and some smaller pouches of a few others I like to have on hand.

I didn't have the budget for any of it, but if this is really it, I need to stock up.

I still need more of the Black Ops and a couple others. And I can't imagine a world without Carne Crosta! It's nice to know I have time for one more order.

Thanks again Mike!

How long do we think Carne Crosta will keep a decent flavor when stored in a freezer?
I like all of the Oakridge seasonings I’ve tried, but Carne Crosta I truly haven’t found a competitor for.
If anyone knows of something that tastes similar let me know, while I contemplate how many pounds I want to try to order.

How long do we think Carne Crosta will keep a decent flavor when stored in a freezer?
I like all of the Oakridge seasonings I’ve tried, but Carne Crosta I truly haven’t found a competitor for.
If anyone knows of something that tastes similar let me know, while I contemplate how many pounds I want to try to order.

You probably have at least two years, and that’s not even in the freezer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You probably have at least two years, and that’s not even in the freezer.

The freezer is the second worst place to store ground spices... the refrigerator is the worst. Never store your rubs in the fridge or freezer.

That said, two years is really about the maximum for ground spices regardless of how they are packaged or stored. Even in our packaging, after 2 years the volatile oils do what volatile oils do... they begin to rapidly decompose. Our high-barrier packaging does a great job prolonging the decomposition, but it inevitably happens, and after around two years, the aging process accelerates exponentially.

:thumb: :thumb:

Sorry to hear about the closing.

I just bought a 2 year supply of Carne Crosta and Habanero Death Dust.

Thanks for calibrating my standards for spices inconveniently high. I anticipate many years of describing alternative products as "not as good as Oakridge"

So I made my final order with oakridge bbq. Get your orders in, there is not much time left.

It was tough to decide. I chose 3. Carne crosta because its unique and does such a great job. Nothing on the market is close. Santa Maria, I love it on direct heat grilled foods. Its basically an AP seasoning for me. Game bird and chicken was my final selection. Good bbq rub with nice heat on the back end. I still have some black ops and hdd, a few others in the cupboard

Hope things work out for you Mike, whatever your next step is.

Back