"Now THAT's a Tasty Burger!"

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Richard
A few years back I saw an episode of "Throwdown With Bobby Flay" where he challenged a guy in New Mexico to a Green Chile Cheese burger throwdown. I thought it would be fun to create my own take on this, but never got around to it.

Fast forward to last night, I decided to make my own green chile cheeseburgers, and I have to say, it was one of the tastiest burgers I've ever eaten! No bacon, mushrooms, avocado, or any other such fancy stuff, just simple chiles, onions, and LOTS of cheese.

So here's what I did:

I took one Poblano and one Anaheim chile, and grilled them till the skins were nicely blackened. Then I put the chiles in a paper bag to "sweat" for about an hour. This makes removing the charred skins much easier.

Then I took about 1/3 of an onion, chopped into slices, and sauteed over low heat for about 15 mins. I then added the chiles, along with additional olive oil and sea salt and black pepper and continued cooking till the chiles were nice and soft. At this point, the onions were starting to brown slightly, which is where I wanted them to be when I took them off the heat.

I formed two good size patties from freshly ground chuck, and cooked them indirect for about 10 mins with some hickory for smoke. I finished up the patties on the hot side, and added two slices of Muenster cheese on each one till the cheese was just melted.

For burger assembly, I spread mayo on the bottom bun, put the cheeseburger on the bottom bun, added the onion/green chiles mixture to the burger, then the top bun.

Man, was it good! So simple, yet flavorful.

Next time I'm going to add one jalapeno for heat, and a third slice of cheese. :icon_blush:

For the record, the 1/3 onion and two chiles made just enough chile dressing for two good sized burgers.

Sorry, no pron this time...but I know we'll be doing this again soon, so I'll post pics of the next cook. :thumb:

Last edited:
sammy_j-tasty-burger.jpg

Moose, can i have one? But hold the mayo . . . i'm watching my figure.

Sounds like a real tasty burger BTW.:becky:

One thing we like to do is coat both buns with mayo instead of butter and toast them, then add more mayo when building the burger.

I've not been posting pics much of late as the new place, due to dark granite countertops and lighting issues has been a real hindrance to the standard of photos I was doing before. It's very frustrating, actually, but I'm working on a solution that hopefully will get me back on track very soon.

Back