Notable Customer Service Experience

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
So I was supposed to cook a pig for my kids' robotics team on Saturday. I go to pick it up Friday evening and the guy at the counter was like "what pig?" :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Yeah, no pig. Turns out that one of the people at this butcher shop - the one I made the order with - is getting on in years and his mind isn't what it was, which has been causing problems there.

Anyway, they get the manager on the phone and he gets to work calling around. He tried hard to find a fresh pig to bring to my house at 5am, but there was nothing available but frozen, which obviously will not work.

What ended up happening is that the manager showed up at my door at 7am with 62# of some absolutely beautiful quality pork - a few butts, a couple racks each of spares and BB's, and at least 10# of belly. This butcher is high end & pricey, and I've been buying cheap lately, so it was reallly nice to see some gorgeous deep red pork for a change. They've only recently started carrying spares and I gotta say they are the best I've seen anywhare ever. Farkin huge and meaty!

I didn't take any pix 'cause I had to get everything cooked and served - it was a super busy day!

I won't get too specific about the financial part, but I'll just say I was extremely pleased and they have seriously earned my loyalty as a customer.

Anyway - just wanted to note that there are still businesses that care about their customers. There will be mistakes and bad situations will arise. Where the rubber hits the road is how these situations are dealt with, and these guys were absolute champs. They were obviously genuinely concerned about my situation and did their best - and took a big hit - to make it right.

On another front - nobody at the party seemed to mind that the pig roast didn't have a pig. It drove home the point that what we're really doing is getting together and enjoying each other's company, which we definitely did - we had a blast. That said, the different cuts of pork were a hit, and all the farkin ribs - spares and BB's - were instantly gone - I didn't think to snag one before I put 'em out! :doh: Butts and belly turned out great too, plus there was a slew of other food (turkey, wings, veggies, etc.).

And btw I really, really, really love my Klose! :clap2: Used the BW Chubby for a little overflow as well.

Local farkers - if/when you go to Huntington Meats and need something specific, talk to John - he's the one who's gonna get it done for ya. And I'll just re-iterate that the spares there are crazy! I'm really looking forward to going back there and snagging some that I won't have to share. :twisted:

Huntington Meats is not cheap by any stretch, and I certainly am not able to go there on a regular basis, but the quality of product and service is what will keep me going back whenever I need a really nice cut of meat. After this experience, I won't even think of going anywhere else - and to be clear, had this situation been handled differently, they could have been a place I'd have never gone back to. Talk about turning it around! :clap2:

It's always good to hear of a place that still cares about the customer. I sure don't mind paying up for a good product and good service.
Thanks for sharing!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Nice to hear good news such as that. Glad to hear you had a happy ending to what could have been a disaster.

• Thanks
Great story Greg!:grin:
Nice to hear there are still good folk in the world.:cool::thumb:

• Thanks
Great to hear about good customer service, it's usually the opposite when people take to a forum.

• Thanks
Glad things worked out, we all like to save a penny or two when we can but there is also something to be said for high end quality meat and excellent customer service.

• Thanks
Fantastic story - glad you enjoyed the customer service.
Businesses who do not step up go OUT of business.
Good job!

• Thanks
Great service mate, rare down here.
In all my years buying stuff on line I have found the US sites very helpful and obliging.
They could teach our home grown on how to give service.
Mind you
My Butcher is as helpful as the one you dealt with, we just have trouble understanding each other.

• Thanks
It's always nice to find a business that goes head on with problems and takes care of the customer no matter what. Sad that's it's becoming more and more rare in this world.

• Thanks
Back