Non BBQ food Poll

Spagetti - Mixed or Seperate

• Seperate n laddled on top

Votes: 64 60.4%
  • Mixed n Simmered

Votes: 42 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Enduro: your dad’s recipe for spaghetti actually sounds delicious. I will second trying that. So let me rephrase your recipe to see if I understand: cook bacon, boil tomato juice and add pasta and bacon, then cook till pasta is tender?

Any brand of tomato juice? Would V-8 be good I wonder?

Blizzard - yes, he would boil the noodles in the canned tomato juice (just the basic big can of tomato juice, don't know that there was a specific brand) and add the cooked bacon when the noodles were just about done. I'm sure it would be fine with V-8 or whatever you wanted to impart more flavor than just absolutely basic.

I’ve been married twice for a total of 33 years now.
Both women are 2nd generation Italian/Americans.

I’ve eaten many plates of spaghetti cooked by people that were born in Italy.

The sauce gets ladled on top and mixed on the plate.
There is no other answer, unless we are talking baked spaghetti.

Btw..
Italians call all noodles “macaroni”

I hardly use spaghetti anymore. If we go out for Italian I get French fries as my side. We cook more with Penne or Rigatoni. However It would be separated.

This is interesting because I voted separate, because to me the dish "Spaghetti" is about as American as BBQ. Boiled dried spaghetti noodles with a chunky red sauce that may or may not contain meat (or meat balls), to me, goes separate.

However, nearly any other pasta dish I prefer it to the more traditional way. Pasta cooked just shy of al dente, sauced in skillet with some starchy pasta water.

I take some of the sauce and heat it up in a steel frying pan. When it starts to bubble I'll add the al dente pasta and cook for a little bit. Slide onto a plate with some fresh grated parm and fresh chives on top... yummm!

This is interesting because I voted separate, because to me the dish "Spaghetti" is about as American as BBQ. Boiled dried spaghetti noodles with a chunky red sauce that may or may not contain meat (or meat balls), to me, goes separate.

However, nearly any other pasta dish I prefer it to the more traditional way. Pasta cooked just shy of al dente, sauced in skillet with some starchy pasta water.

what we typically think of as spaghetti and meatballs is american. that red sauce, super carb heavy, mafia meal is very american.

Ladle on top of the pssta. Mine though is a killer meat sauce, not just the sauce alone.

I like my dish separate at first, but when I see that I have enough sauce for the dish, I then mix it up. As I’m not Italian in any sense of the word, I could not care less if my pasta is cooked to al dente and then finished off in a pan with some sauce.

After the spaghetti dinner is finished, then, and only then do I eat my salad.

Is that the right way?!

It depends on the type of spaghetti. Is this strictly "spaghetti pasta" or is elbow pasta allowed?

I like to serve "spaghetti pasta" with meatballs or sausage with sauce laddled over top.
I like to serve "elbow pasta" with a sauce that is mixed with browned hamburger meat and mixed together before serving.

Sorry I couldn't vote because your poll is not complete. If you add a third choice i will gladly vote.

Back