THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tzatziki sauce with fat free Greek yogurt and SPOG will make just about anything taste better and is just fine eaten by the spoonful. Keep the cucumber larger than normal to add some texture and the feeling that you are eating something. Besides that, skim milk will at least keep you feeling "full."

Beyond Burger is getting great reviews, and there are burger joints offering it (yeah chi-chi burger joints). Seitan is a good alternative as mentioned above.

The problem with the Beyond Burger products is that they do have some fat in them.

Steve my favorite Greek Yogurt is Fage and the Fage 0% is fat free, taste like sour cream and can be used as such. Try grilling fresh pineapple slices with a sprinkle of brown sugar and cinnamon after you flip and let that caramelize then serve with a dollop of Fage 0% on top with a dusting of cinnamon, will certainly satisfy any sweet tooth, is fat free and relatively healthy. Pears poached in red wine is pretty good and you can add some whole cloves to the wine while heating to give a more robust flavor. Veggies on the smoker are pretty good and can be made with out added fat as they will roast in their own juices. Veggies on the grill without oil is doable as long as they are cut a little thicker so they don't dry out.

Good luck Steve , sorry to hear about this and hoping it is only a temporary setback.

I'd get a second opinion. Recent medical research has shown (as in JAMA) that low-fat diets and the support for them were funded by the sugar industry. I've read where doctors are now saying that eating fat doesn't mess up your numbers, and furthermore cholesterol is not necessarily an indicator of a predisposition for heart disease.

Not tellin' ya what to do, but might be good to do some independent research.

so for the immediate future I will be on a ZERO fat diet. this is not gonna be easy as I, like most of the brethren, love meat.

nonfat dairy is allowed.

I know what I can eat but am struggling to make it interesting and combine ingredients into tasty dishes.

this may be a bbq site but I know alot ot you guys throwdown in the kitchen in general. I'm looking for suggestions on dishes to make while I am suffering through this.

TIA

Ron/Bob feel free to move this if needed, I was just hoping to post it in a high traffic area

My guess is that most members of this forum love to eat food and I personally shuddered when I read your post. I truly feel for you and hope you do not have to stay on a zero fat diet for very long. Guessing, I would bet they have cut your sodium intake also and if so it will make your quest for tasty foods all the more challenging. I wish I could help with menu suggestions.

Sincerely, good luck and hope you can get back to a normal diet very soon.

I'd get a second opinion. Recent medical research has shown (as in JAMA) that low-fat diets and the support for them were funded by the sugar industry. I've read where doctors are now saying that eating fat doesn't mess up your numbers, and furthermore cholesterol is not necessarily an indicator of a predisposition for heart disease.

Not tellin' ya what to do, but might be good to do some independent research.

I appreciate all these helpful responses and concern from my fellow brethren. yes this is not an ideal diet and isn't for weight loss or such. it's part of treatment due to complications from surgery and temporary

I appreciate all these helpful responses and concern from my fellow brethren. yes this is not an ideal diet and isn't for weight loss or such. it's part of treatment due to complications from surgery and temporary

i would seriously question a zero fat diet for ANY amount of time as fat is an essential part of any diet. remember there are only essential fats and essential proteins. there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate so without fat you are actually starving your body of something it needs to survive. doctors in todays day and age are not up to date on the new way of looking at fat and often perscribe in reference to fats what is counter productive to health. buddy, i am not a doctor but i have seen them get it wrong many times in this area on my clients with high cholesterol and diabetes. i have never heard of your problem with the hole oozing liquid fat but i would try to contact a doctor versed in ketosis and the ketogenic diet for their opinion and perhaps contact someone in the ketogenic community www.primaledgehealth.com for their opinion. hope this helps.

i would seriously question a zero fat diet for ANY amount of time as fat is an essential part of any diet. remember there are only essential fats and essential proteins. there is no such thing as an essential carbohydrate so without fat you are actually starving your body of something it needs to survive. doctors in todays day and age are not up to date on the new way of looking at fat and often perscribe in reference to fats what is counter productive to health. buddy, i am not a doctor but i have seen them get it wrong many times in this area on my clients with high cholesterol and diabetes. i have never heard of your problem with the hole oozing liquid fat but i would try to contact a doctor versed in ketosis and the ketogenic diet for their opinion and perhaps contact someone in the ketogenic community www.primaledgehealth.com for their opinion. hope this helps.
You are not helping. And you need to clear out your PM's.

I just thought, your on Instagram, cruise the vegan accounts or search #veganmeal . There are some killer recipes in there!

Back