THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

While hemp milk is healthy, it is 11% fat. People could probably help you more, if you know how many grams of fat you are allowed. If it is really zero, that is very limiting.

I have what amounts to liquid fat oozing from a hole in my stomach (I'll spare the medical terms as I don't really understand them). ZERO is pretty much zero. the less fat I ingest the faster I'll heal

I have what amounts to liquid fat oozing from a hole in my stomach (I'll spare the medical terms as I don't really understand them). ZERO is pretty much zero. the less fat I ingest the faster I'll heal

Ouch, that sounds horrible. If I were in your shoes, I would stick to vegetables, beans. Not a big fan of fat free dairy. I would get some protein powder, to help keep your protein up, while you heal. Isopure is a little pricey, but low in fat. I'm sure there others.

+1 on the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar. That's my go to salad dressing.

Prayers are with you!

Wow brother, thats a tough one. Looks like a raw fruit and veggi diet for awhile. Maybe look at some meatless oriental dishes?? Good luck.

That's a tricky one:
I suppose what I would do is eat a lot of pulses, peas and beans and use loads of spices to make it interesting.
Grilling sounds like a good way for vegetables.
Can you have eggs?
And fat free yoghurt?
And there is tofu and tempeh

Stuffed Sweets, Roast some sweet potatoes till soft. Take insides out and put in bowl saving the skins. While they are cooking saute some shallot, when soft mix in either kale or spinach till wilted. Mix that mixture with the inside of the sweet potato. Add a can of chickpeas, 2 TBS cream cheese and alittle sour cream. Mix well and stick back into the shells. Cook till warmed through. These things are awesome.

Stuffed Peppers. Boil green peppers for a few minutes just to slightly soften. While that is going make some quinoa. Saute onion and 99% ground turkey. Once done add spinach and garlic and some tomato sauce. then mix the cooked quinoa, turkey mixture and stuff the peppers. Bam.

Corn, scallion and quinoa patties

Buffalo chicken quinoa salad- This stuff is good.

Black Bean Burgers

If you want any recipes i have them all printed at home. My wife makes me eat this stuff.

Go to the grocery store and look in the magazine rack for “Forks over Knives” cookbook (should be cookmagazine) and get it!

KILLER recipes!!!

I agree that mushrooms, especially big portobellos, are a great option They take seasoning well, are grillable and are a lot like meat.

Egg whites are non-fat and very healthy. Make a good omelet with diced vegetables.

Bean soup with ham flavoring. Better Than Bouillion makes a ham base that has about a half a gram of fat per teaspoon. There may be nonfat ones as well. Not sure if this would work for you.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/13017/fat-free-vegetable-soup/

https://www.thespruceeats.com/fat-free-vegan-soup-recipes-3376795

Last edited:
Does no fat mean no oils or just no animal fat? That means straight grilled and boiled veggies? Vinegar, onion, garlic and spices for seasoning.

I like my veggies, along with meat. But it sounds like you are stuck with straight veggies and no egg pasta?

Does no fat mean no oils or just no animal fat? That means straight grilled and boiled veggies? Vinegar, onion, garlic and spices for seasoning.

I like my veggies, along with meat. But it sounds like you are stuck with straight veggies and no egg pasta?

ZERO means ZERO

ZERO means ZERO

Sorry I dont have recipes...
Puree any veggie and add some spices, garlic, onion, celery, peppers and fat free milk you mentioned and cook it down to make sauces (squash, pumpkin, tomato). Then you can use eggless noodles, rice, and breads for filler.

I also read that VEGEMITE is a fabulous zero fat flavorful sauce additive :decision:

Last edited:
Make your own seitan at home.

I recently tried making sausages, and although they weren't great, they were edible. If I was medically unable to eat real meat, they would have been a lifesaver.

The recipes I prefer have sparkling water in them, as it does seem to improve the consistency.

Here is one example for schnitzel: https://www.elephantasticvegan.com/seitan-schnitzel/. The initial use of oil could be skipped, as it is only used to soften the vegetables, that could be done in some broth or water. Later pan frying in a non-stick pan wouldn't require oil either

If you can eat oatmeal, the only way I enjoy no fat cottage cheese is in oatmeal with dried fruit. It's my go-to breakfast.
1 cup water
1/2 cup oatmeal
dried fruit and spices you like
Microwave for 3 minuted, let stand for 1 minute, and add the cottage cheese.

Beyond meat is not a bad fake burger
Kay make a great chic pea small potatoes indian currey dish with veg broth- very good google pintrest- you can get all kids of recipes there
There is also a chic pea pasta I think by Bonza thats is a red box that is not bad

Back