Next Door Neighbor of The Son of Grilled Pork Chop with Sweet Lucy Mustard Glaze

LYU370

Resident Idjit

Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Andy
That's probably the longest title of any of my posts ever!

In any case, there's a Brethren Inspired Throwdown going on! Join us!

RonL, AKA Capt. Ron won in 2014 and it looked soooo good, I had to make it. And since the entire state is on lockdown...

Started off with a couple Tamworth Pork Chops.

rZEmWQUh.jpg

First gave them a coat of Tatonka Dust, cause it's great on pork.

ZoyVFwdh.jpg

After a while, gave them a coat of Pork Mafia Memphis Mud. My go to rub for pork.

MQngYtXh.jpg

While they were chilling, made up some sauce. Here's Ron's recipe.

Sweet Lucy Dijon Mustard Glaze

3 T Butter
1 t minced garlic
1/4 C dijon mustard
2 T packed brown sugar
3 T Sweet Lucy
1 1/2 t Worcestershire
Freshly ground black pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a sauce pan and sauté the garlic for about 1 minute. add in the rest of the ingredients and whisk until smooth. bring to a boil and boil for about a minute to cook off the alcohol.

I didn't have Sweet Lucy, so used regular bourbon and used some Inglehoffer's stone ground mustard instead of dijon. It's legal, that's what Ron used in his original go around.

About two minutes, turn 45 degrees, two more minutes & flip. Total 4 minutes per side. Even used my Saber gasser, just like Ron did.

5OjXkEch.jpg

Then gave it a glaze with the mustard sauce. Very good stuff, not overly mustardy & just a bit of sweet.

DlfzleNh.jpg

And plated up. Good stuff!

U7rMlBeh.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing about the title. I was out of breath just silently reading it. Anyways, you did some magic on those chops. Very nice!

Back