Roll Call. Inside 30 days. New York City BBQ Cookoff Staten Island, NY

Ok we spoke with Eze- new info will be sent out shortly- there was some misunderstanding re the need last year for the holding area and meat inspections being done in that area off site. This set up is not required for this year so meat Inspections will be available as per usual procedure as your load into your sites. Both Don & I will be walking around to complete meat inspections as teams are ready. Here's hoping for great weather & a successful event for all. Nancy

Thanks for getting that cleared up!

Pete's Endless Summer BBQ will be there

we will be there

Greg, i think just to be led into your spot. I spoke to them last week and Eze was talking about resending out the cooks info to try and stagger the times teams start to arrive to minimize teams stacking up. Don't know if that is actually taking place or not. i plan on getting there around 1ish.

unlike previous years I thought this year they announced the teams prior to filming at the other locations. To be honest I haven't really been following it that closely

Its gonna be a great show. Just got home from kansas and tried to get in on this. I was told there was no space left at all. I hope to cook in ny one day.im used to big fields in fla and ga with a hundred teams and plenty of room for last minute guys like myself.

Its gonna be a great show. Just got home from kansas and tried to get in on this. I was told there was no space left at all. I hope to cook in ny one day.im used to big fields in fla and ga with a hundred teams and plenty of room for last minute guys like myself.

come on up, there are plenty of contests here in NY and most of the others have a lot more teams.

Try to stay for pitmaster awards show. The producers enjoy the crowd and its a great experience to watch tuffy and myron. They are hilarious together.even all the shooting done on sunday is hilarious.tuffy gets a little crazy on sunday after shooting for two days.awards are usually around 545 and its a great time to get on camera and act like a crazy bbq superstar.im sure most of you are just that.i know i am.

BKBBQ - if the KCBS event is Friday/Saturday, is Pitmasters running on Saturday or Sunday? I would think Saturday to get a large crowd at the filming, no?

Wonder with timing if our awards will be over in time to go watch the end of Pitmasters - I guess we'll find out.

Back