New Smoker: KAT 24x48 Reverse Flow

Very Nice Congrats and Enjoy If you put in some biscuits in different spots you can see where you have different Temps in the grill

Please let me know how well you end up liking this cooker. I'm in the area of modesto too and haven't seen a lot of people who own these. It would be a really to have the ability to just go drive 30mins and pick it up instead of ordering a shirley from the east coast lol.

So far I'm loving it, but it's also been less than a week and I'm only 4 cooks in. I'll let you know once I've spent some more time with it and really gotten comfortable cooking on it.

Congrats, looks nice :thumb: just using a quality wood fired smoker really ups your bbq game...no replicating it, IMO.

Guero sure steered you in the right direction. That is a thing of beauty. If you are unaware, preheating your splits by placing them on top of the firebox will help them catch quicker and reduce smoldering.
Now, let's see some cook pictures!

Guero sure steered you in the right direction. That is a thing of beauty. If you are unaware, preheating your splits by placing them on top of the firebox will help them catch quicker and reduce smoldering.
Now, let's see some cook pictures!

Sure... here's some pics of the first cook, a prime packer brisket. This one was a smaller one at about 10lbs., but I thought a smaller one would be good for the first cook since I didn't know if I'd have any problems starting and maintaining a fire and I didn't want to be eating dinner at midnight lol

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 67
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 66
Congat's on your new smoker. Ken is a real good guy, met him at a competition last year and got to eyeball a few of his smokers. Good stuff, enjoy.

Congrats reverse flow, bro! Looks amazing. Very nice that you could avoid the shipping costs by being in close proximity with them. I was hoping to do that with Shirley Fab, but they were backed up for a looooong time. Perhaps down the line!

Back