New Shirley on the way!

Saturday night or Sunday morning it should arrive. If I hadn't done all my research before hand I wouldn't have been able to commit that quickly. I don't know how you guys could wait a year or longer for a smoker. It would drive me nuts.

Saturday night or Sunday morning it should arrive. If I hadn't done all my research before hand I wouldn't have been able to commit that quickly. I don't know how you guys could wait a year or longer for a smoker. It would drive me nuts.

Same with me on the research. I had decided to get the 24x36 Shirley sometime in 2021 and thought I would call Kevin who does the shipping for the Shirley's to get an estimate on shipping costs. He said he was headed my way that weekend and someone in Kansas had just backed out and I could have his unit if I wanted---jumped on the chance and 3 days later it was delivered! I hate waiting so this was great.

Of course, loving the Shirley!

Congratulations!
I’ll get to check it out before you do. But you’ll get to see my one of a kind Shirley/PitMaker hybrid!

My new smoker arrived Saturday night. I was able to season Sunday afternoon and also start my learning process of operating an offset. I had very good luck during the seasoning process at maintaining my target temp and hope it wasn't just beginners luck. After I was stuck at around 200 degree for a period I realized I just needed more wood and after that I was able to hold 250 pretty good. I only had Ash available and not sure if it was the type of wood, oil used for seasoning or the paint curing, but the smell was not good. I should be able to get my Oak that I will be using moving forward this weekend. I burn wood at my cabin and have around 5 full cord of Oak already split and stacked.
Smoker is a 24x42 patio. As you can see from the pictures the exhaust exits out of the top of the cook chamber and the firebox is also different from the 24x36.
Firebox measures 25 1/2" wide x 23" deep x 16 1/2" tall, cooking grates are 32" wide x 21 1/2" deep with 7 1/4" between grates & 8 1/2" from top grate to top of cook chamber. I decided not to get 3rd shelf as I like the spacing and the 2 shelves gives me all the room I need.
Pat

Attachments

• uQRWere6QbWZtNCwdUbWdQ.jpg
    uQRWere6QbWZtNCwdUbWdQ.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 51
  • lHYKZ28dSSq1U2FveYV1CA.jpg
    lHYKZ28dSSq1U2FveYV1CA.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 50
Back