THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JimmyR1Rider

is one Smokin' Farker
Hey everyone. New guy here originally from Hicksville Long Island since moved to the poconos. My name is Jimmy. I am ex Army(served from 95-99) and am an early retired FDNY firefighter(was on the job from 2001-2012). I will be 40 in June.

Since retiring I have gotten into woodworking and setup a basement shop and have a cnc router coming in the next 2 weeks to do anything anyone can imagine with precision that is unmatched by hand tools, at least at the spped the machine can do it. . Always had interest in it but now I have all commercial grade tools to do quality work.

While in the Army I was stationed in TX for 3 1/2 years and even though I've loved bbq since I was a kid I only ate it maybe 3 times while there. Don't ask, I don't know why lol.

I recently decided to do it myself and have done a bunch of butts and a couple of briskets. The butts have all been great. The first brisket was meh, but the second which I cooked along with 2 butts on memorial day actually came out great.

I have a masterbuilt 40 inch electric right now but I have a shirley 30X75 cabinet model with elevated cabinet for a 3rd grate with full clearance at the top and a rotated/elevated warmer with an extra grate and sausage hangers on order and am due to pick it up in October. I did 19 upgrades. CAN'T WAIT!!! Looking forward to tasting what I can make on a big pit and am dreaming of the day when I can do a whole hog.

I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you folks, after all that's what food, especially bbq does naturally(at least it has for me up to this point in my life) so any questions feel free to ask in here or pm.

This is my masterbuilt the other morning while cooking for memorial day. I know you've seen a million but it says to include pics of our toys:

Turns out after I placed my order with Tyler he had just completed one that was almost identical to mine so here's what mine will look like. Only external differences are I went with the rotated warmer so all the cook doors are the same direction and I extended the stainless shelf to in front of the char grill also.

This is basically my pit I have on order:

I wanted to order one pit, do it right with everything I'd ever want so I ordered this :)

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your Shirley when you get it. Great choice!

Jimmy welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. You definitely went first class for your first stick burner, October will be here before the rest of us know it for you that's another story. Anyway welcome and that is truly one beautiful rig.

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your Shirley when you get it. Great choice!

Thanks for the welcome cowgirl. I will be sure to make vids and take pics of my cooks I do on it.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thanks :) Been reading a bunch on here and am glad you guys would have me.

Jimmy welcome to the forum from sunny SE Az. You definitely went first class for your first stick burner, October will be here before the rest of us know it for you that's another story. Anyway welcome and that is truly one beautiful rig.

Thanks Bill. I did a ton of research and had heard of the Shirley boys through word of mouth. After looking at a lot of companies offerings the Shirley just seemed to fit the best and am very glad I decided on them so far. They are gentlemen and do a lot to support the military. Can't ask for better people in my eyes.

Welcome to the forum from down here in Victoria.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Back