THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQchef33 said:
Sorry racer.. i had to cheat a little. I cooked 2 butts for pulled pork sandwichs for lunch.

The boys are competing with other troops and to build a bridge over a small stream. Best bridge wins.

I'm working with a few of the boys on their cooking badges. I intended on bring out the Hondo and a couple of kettles and doing chicken and ribs. i also have to make cowboy stew for 20 and make breakfast.

now for the But....

2-3 inchs of rain tomorrow. Scout master said..
"this is boy scouts, not girl scouts, we build that bridge rain or shine."

yeah, and pnemonia... but I committed to being there, so I'm going... just not going to cook outside all day.. the stew i can make under the popup.

So Phil, what's the skinny on the weekend. I saw some live shots of NYC on the new Sat and it was raining. Hope all went well and the young 'uns had a great time.

BBQchef33 said:
I'm working with a few of the boys on their cooking badges. I intended on bring out the Hondo and a couple of kettles and doing chicken and ribs. i also have to make cowboy stew for 20 and make breakfast.

now for the But....

2-3 inchs of rain tomorrow. Scout master said..
"this is boy scouts, not girl scouts, we build that bridge rain or shine."

yeah, and pnemonia... but I committed to being there, so I'm going... just not going to cook outside all day.. the stew i can make under the popup.

Sounds like you got a good Scoutmaster there. Alot of them now-a-days would have taken a pass. worried about pnemonia? what are you a girlie man? :mrgreen:

i lost a really long post reporting on the weekend(due to fat fingers on the keyboard). I'll retype it today. It was definatley a wet adventure.

Bridges in the rain over rushing water.... what could be better. (than manning the cooker under a pop-up tent) :eek:)

Fark, no Restaurant Depot in Richmond. The only one listed in VA is in Alexandria. I'll stick an ice pick in my eye before I drive north of Fredericksburg. Farkin NOVA traffic hell. And Im still looking for Royal Oak lump. Ive found their briquettes but no lump. Richmond sucks.

BeerGuy, you up for a road trip to Alexandria? We'll take your new truck.

BBQchef33 said:
Sorry racer.. i had to cheat a little.

Oh sure. That's how it always starts. Just a little cheating and nobody is hurt.

Then they start sneaking in instant oatmeal instead of steel cut rolling their own oats.

Instant coffee instead of roasting their own beans.

Buying meat in cryovacs instead of hunting down game and field dressing. Ted Nugent probably felt a disturbance in The Force over that one.

And where does it end up? Boiling ribs in the Dutch Oven - to save a little time.

<sigh>

OMG.... someone go check on racer. I think hes becoming depressed.

If its an solace... i made the stew from scratch and showed them how to make a fire from soaking wet wood. :shock: :mrgreen:............. and no match.

racer_81 said:
Oh sure. That's how it always starts. Just a little cheating and nobody is hurt.

Then they start sneaking in instant oatmeal instead of steel cut rolling their own oats.

Instant coffee instead of roasting their own beans.

Buying meat in cryovacs instead of hunting down game and field dressing. Ted Nugent probably felt a disturbance in The Force over that one.

And where does it end up? Boiling ribs in the Dutch Oven - to save a little time.

<sigh>

LMAO
The descent into Hell--Dante's Inferno 2006

Back