New Stuff

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Attempted a sale on Rutland firestarters and missed. Went to Wal-Mart Lowe's and Home Depot to grab some Royal Oak Tumbleweed and all had their outdoor centers locked and only entrance via main doors. So went to United. Royal Oak Diamond firestarters? New to me so grabbed 4 boxes. Prime 6 charcoal? Seen it never tried it so grabbed a bag. Saw last night where Academy had Vision Lump on sale $9 per bag. Reviews were typical lump reviews. Grabbed two bags I'll make up my own mind. Never do the same thing twice.
New Stuff, one of the best parts of our hobby

Last edited:
I've used Kingsford Professional briqs for a long time and like it. A few weeks ago I saw Cowboy lump briqs so I bought a bag to try, I used a tumbleweed firestarter per the instructions in my SnS basket with foil over the rest of the grate in Jumbo Joe, I had the worst luck getting it to light that I about gave up.
I tried it again another night with out the basket and had the same luck, a very long time to get food on the grill.:doh:

I use Tumbleweeds under my chimney. Usually lump occasionally briquettes. Worked great. Reckon I never read the instructions. Be a while before I try them again as I prefer torch & chimney And these four boxes of Diamond bought today should be good for 40-50 starts

It's been a while but, when I first saw the TSC sale on Rutland I was able to get them online with free shipping.

Every time I get the Rutland starters at TSC I have to ask for someone to get them from the back. All of 2 times. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

They had them this time, in the paint section on top shelf—but apparently sale ended yesterday at closing. I’m good for quite a while with what I got.

Curious Adams, do the HD and Lowes stores in your area have differing hours for the outdoor/garden sections than the main portion of the store? Or is it back stage only for Adams. No front of house entries?

Hours are same. Started happening after and during Covid19. I’m assuming it’s a staffing issue as well as loss prevention. Not to long ago all entry and exit occurred through the front door as shoppers allowed in store were limited, those are no longer in effect so just an observational guess on staffing/loss prevention

Hours are same. Started happening after and during Covid19. I’m assuming it’s a staffing issue as well as loss prevention. Not to long ago all entry and exit occurred through the front door as shoppers allowed in store were limited, those are no longer in effect so just an observational guess on staffing/loss prevention

Who would have thought that California stores would have gone back to normal operation before those of the great state of Texas. Crazy! Thanks for all that you contribute to this community Adams!

Who would have thought that California stores would have gone back to normal operation before those of the great state of Texas. Crazy! Thanks for all that you contribute to this community Adams!
Hey, Hey, there...the stores here in NW Houston have been in regular operation for most of Covid. Not sure where in the Lonestar state they haven't, maybe Austin...

Nothing “closed” however entry/exit points were restricted when number of people in stores was restricted. Those restrictions are lifted quite a while ago but the entry directly into garden centers were all closed yesterday morning while main entrances were open. No idea if they opened them later in the day or not. From restaurants to big box stores help wanted signs are everywhere. I’m still going with staffing/loss prevention issues.
But that’s just a guess

Back