New London Ct Sept 2012

The wind was fierce last year when judging. As in, flying turn-in boxes (after being partially emptied).

Let's hope it's a bit calmer this year.

Eric

The wind was fierce last year when judging. As in, flying turn-in boxes (after being partially emptied).

Let's hope it's a bit calmer this year.

Eric

Last year it was in October. One of the main reasons for moving the contest earlier is it's less likely to be like that. Other than the high wind, I really liked the venue - it's unique. I have been told that the judges tent will not be in the same location this year.

For teams that are thinking about it - it's an auto qualifier. This contest got me to The Jack, so I am cooking this one for sure.

Last year it was in October. One of the main reasons for moving the contest earlier is it's less likely to be like that. Other than the high wind, I really liked the venue - it's unique.

For teams that are thinking about it - it's an auto qualifier. This contest got me to The Jack, so I am cooking this one for sure.

The late September date still puts it smack into hurricane season. Thats one of those hit or miss times of year. It can be a beautiful fall day or raining sideways, luck of the draw.....

It's going to need more teams to be a qualifier

Here's what I have received so far if it helps.

Attachments

• Judge Sheet 12.pdf
    10.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 2012_Rules.pdf
    260 KB · Views: 10
  • Entry Form 2012.pdf
    293.2 KB · Views: 16
Sorry Tim, Lol. Must be thinking brisket aging.

No problem, I was just freaking out thinking to myself, "did I sign up for 4 contests in a row" that weeken in 3 weeks is my only weekend off from BBQ ...wow starting to sound like job lol

No problem, I was just freaking out thinking to myself, "did I sign up for 4 contests in a row" that weeken in 3 weeks is my only weekend off from BBQ ...wow starting to sound like job lol

There is a contest in NJ that weekend if you don't want the weekend off :becky:

Back