THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just bought a pair of the flat steel ones for $4 at Lowes last night. Marked down from $14. Looks like they are getting the old ones outta the way and making room for the new ones.

I think for that price I would just stand a couple of bricks on edge to hold the coals. I have the sheet metal ones too they work but they are cheap.

Guys, These are NOT NEWWWWWWWWW. They a have been made since the 80's Weber started using the cheap ones in 2000 or so. Check out what Neil says and my post as well. If you want them cheaper.....THEN CALL WEBER!!!!!!!!!!! Wow can't believe this thread.:roll: Oh they are new!!, oh so nice!!, oh so expensive.....GET A GRIP If you want them call Weber and buy them. I have three sets and love them.

Rant Over

Guys, These are NOT NEWWWWWWWWW. They a have been made since the 80's Weber started using the cheap ones in 2000 or so. Check out what Neil says and my post as well. If you want them cheaper.....THEN CALL WEBER!!!!!!!!!!! Wow can't believe this thread.:roll: Oh they are new!!, oh so nice!!, oh so expensive.....GET A GRIP If you want them call Weber and buy them. I have three sets and love them.

Rant Over

Dude, WTF? Look, I apologized in advance if I had made an error and they were not new. Have you ever bought a "new" truck, say with 30,000 miles on it? Hey, if we ain't seen 'em b-4 they are new to us. So you had them first, so what? Back off the sanctamonius pedestal you seem to be pearched on, you make too good a target up there.

MODS, if this is inappropriate I can accept your censor, especially after Phil's post on the subject.

Dude, WTF? Look, I apologized in advance if I had made an error and they were not new. Have you ever bought a "new" truck, say with 30,000 miles on it? Hey, if we ain't seen 'em b-4 they are new to us. So you had them first, so what? Back off the sanctamonius pedestal you seem to be pearched on, you make too good a target up there.

MODS, if this is inappropriate I can accept your censor, especially after Phil's post on the subject.

:boxing:LMAO:laugh:

I thought the ones Bo had bought were a new design. I had no idea they were out there all along through Weber. Course, I've never had a Performer either. Was out with my son at Lowe's last night and saw the other style on sale for 4 bones. Regular 14 bones. Maybe they are moving the flat steel ones out and going with the tougher steel rod style altogether.
For 4 bucks I added em to the arsenal. Let's keep the cool thread........COOL!:wink:

:mod:
Bob

Bo, I have a couple of these for about three or four years. They are great complared to the sheet metal ones I kept burning out. Kinda pricey but well worth it. I use mine a lot. Great bbq investment IMO.

I've been scrounging old cooking grates from grills that have been junked or set out as garbage- With a little cutting,bending, welding -ah the possibilities- thanks for the pictures

Yikes! Shipping is almost as much as each basket. Wonder where they can be bought for less? :confused:

Take a pic of those baskets to a metal fab shop and see how much they would charge to burn some rebar for you in a similar fashion. You wouldnt really need a bottom because they sit on the fire grate.

There's a shop not far from me that is very reasonable. I've had them to make rings for my Eggs and some other things. Its worth a shot.

Are these big enough to push together (tie with wire or tack weld) and use in a UDS?

Great question, Wayne! I have included pics taken against tape measure, basically 10.5 X 8 X 5. These are inside measurements. In my opinion this would be near perfect for a three to four hour cook, which would be great for shorter cook time stuff. May also end up being a cooler fire.

Attachments

• new baskets 003.jpg
    new baskets 003.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 32
  • new baskets 002.jpg
    new baskets 002.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 32
  • new baskets 004.jpg
    new baskets 004.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 32
Back