New Custom Built Smoker

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
I FINALLY got my custom built pit! After having a baby and trying to find enough money to get a pit shipped out to California, I found a local welder who has been building custom pits for a few years now. He built exactly what I wanted at a great price. It's 8 feet long, 1/4 inch steel, and the smokestack is at grate level. I seasoned on Saturday with the help of NRA4Life, the pit had a 20-25 degree difference from side to side. After BBQ'in for 3 years on a cheap offset I am in heaven. I couldn't believe how constant a temp it kept. Will be getting it dirty this weekend and I cant wait.

025-2.jpg

019-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

030.jpg

033.jpg

Sweet looking pit Dannypat. What is the reason for having the smoke stack at grate level?

Sweet looking pit Dannypat. What is the reason for having the smoke stack at grate level?

Thanks Neil,
I had him put the smoke stack at grate level so the heat and smoke go directly over the path of the meat. It evens out the temperature throughout the pit.

nice looking pit! I bet you saved a ton of coin having it built out there instead of having one shipped from texas!

Nice Stickburner! It's good to know someone here in Cali can do what you want. I can see my char griller going on craigs list soon.......

Back