THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All that is good news for you yankees, stay on that side of the line and no one gets hurt............:cool::cool::cool:

Just having some good ol' Mason-Dixon Line humor.

Seriously, though, sometimes we wish we had that problem down here.

All that is good news for you yankees, stay on that side of the line and no one gets hurt............:cool::cool::cool:

I'm going to remind you, you said this when you ask why you didnt end up on the beach in Roc City!
:becky:

It is one hell of a good problem to have. To think we used to bitch that we didnt have to opportunity to cook as much as the teams in the Midwest.

i just got off the phone with Dawn @ KCBS.

There used to be a 100 mile rule. (no contest/same weekend/witing 100 miles). It was lifted 3 years ago due to more teams forming in areas, especially the midwest, where they are able to support multiple contests per weekend.

Now, prior to the BOD meeting, the board is presented with a list of contests requesting sanctioning ,and the mileage to nearby contests on the same weekend. The board looks at distance, team saturation and available reps and makes a decision. There are no hardcoded specs or regulations.

Oh, and Wilson is going up for sanctioning, and also a new contest is in for Liverpool NY? Do we know about that one or does that make 15? (Wheres Liverpool, NY?:confused:)

The organizer of the Liverpool told me a month ago that he had sanctioning for back to back KCBS comps on Sat. & Sun. But he doesn't have any apps and KCBS does not have it listed.

I don't think there is one. On July 23 weekend KCBS will sanction Harpoon, Western Maine, and now one of these NY comps. (Buffalo I think.) That's crazy. Harpoon and Fryeburg, ME are only 149 miles away from each other. Then add a Buffalo, NY comp to that? 3 comps in the NY/NE area on the same weekend? Hopefully there will be enough teams to support all the events, but I don't think there is.

-Mike

The 50 mile requirement was removed a few years ago. It was up to the local BOD member to tell the rest of the board if there was conflict in the area. Oh that's right there is no local BOD for the Northeast anymore.....

I got a comp turned down for a 90 mile proximity, even though I made a compelling argument that our teams are from different demographics.
I guess the BOD from down south knows the NE so well he can make that call.

Back