THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have BGEs and a Big Steel Keg. Love them both. The Keg is much easier to move around and you can get an adapter to put in on a trailer hitch.

If you go with a BGE, look for an Eggfest - great deals to be had..

My last grill was fueled with Natural gas. I had a big pipe run outside to feed the beast. I winder if there's any value in thinking about having a gas ignition of the charcoal on the egg?

Owning a BGE, I will attest to thier quality. There is a reletively new player in the ceramic market called Saffire. Looks very similar to the egg, but many of the metal parts are stainless. (includikng the daisy wheel on top)

A freind from comps (Logjammin BBQ) knows the owner of the company, which is located in or near Rockford, IL. and was given one to use. He loves it. They have a few unique features not offered on the BGE. My understanding is that they are a US made product as well.

The dealer where I bought my egg now carries these exclusively. In fact, when I was there looking for an extra set of the little creamic feet, to use between my plate setter and pizza stone, he just gave them to me, no charge, as he was quitting selling them.

I guess the new logo and tagline for BGE are ok...nothing really earth shaking about them

I'm officially an EggHead... Now I have to build a table
Congrats on the Egg. You won't regret it. Be sure to do a few low temp cooks before you try to sear, or you can fry the gasket and not be able to open your Egg. Don't ask me how I know.. :)
Oh, build me a table, too, will ya :)

We just bought our BGE XL today as a secondary unit for competitions. We plan to run it this season and it will probably be the 'small' cooker when we arent on the road / competing. So far the plan is to do our butts and briskets on the BGE and the ribs and chicken on our Tucker Cooker. We LOVE the Tucker but it is just too hard to cook all the categories on one cooker effectively. So it just made sense to pick up a cooker that has a fair amount of cooking surface, holds temp for days AND has tons of followers that can answer questions from a new Egg Head lol.

Back