New BBQ Show

I missed the premiere last night but I'm watching it on demand as I post this, and so far I think it's a very well done show. They are letting the teams do their thing and show how they cook competition barbecue, and hopefully, it's going to give barbecue a bump in popularity the same way that Pitmasters did. Meat Rushmore is a Brethren team! Go Joel!

Thanks for the heads up. I immediately watched the first episode after seeing this and really enjoyed it.

Speaking of…I got bored and rewatched season one of bbq pitmasters. Lo and behold, I see the Brethren logo in the opening theme!

Thanks for telling me I will probably watch this show tonight

I only caught the second half last night, downloaded to watch later. I think I had seen half of the teams on Instagram!

I've really come to enjoy Symons shows. His backyard grilling show is amusing. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and I really appreciate things like when his camera friend asks "what tomatoes should I use for this?" and he gives a response like "the type doesn't matter as much as the freshness, pick the one that looks the best" Really helps people to think past just a recipe, which I think is great.

I only caught the second half last night, downloaded to watch later. I think I had seen half of the teams on Instagram!

I've really come to enjoy Symons shows. His backyard grilling show is amusing. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and I really appreciate things like when his camera friend asks "what tomatoes should I use for this?" and he gives a response like "the type doesn't matter as much as the freshness, pick the one that looks the best" Really helps people to think past just a recipe, which I think is great.

I agree, the shows are fun to watch. He was one of a group of guys that all grew up together in OH and I remember several of us thinking it was hilarious when he decided to go to culinary school. In hindsight, it does appear to have worked out for him.

We never kept in touch once I got out of college and got married. His parents still live in the same house and mine just moved this past year so I’d hear of him through them. Beyond the TV image, I think he’s a really good guy.

I’ll definitely look up the show.

The one thing they missed was that he who can afford the most expensive meat has the advantage. It really showed in ribs. Best bones I have seen in a long time.

One contestant correctly stated judges love sweet then said since it was a comp he was going to do what he wanted. I totally didn't understand that. Not surprisingly, her never got a call.

As someone who has only done KCBS, I too hope they do other associations. A Memphis In May show would be great. Edit.... Just saw that is going to be the last show.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Looks like a great show so far. I'm stoked!

We watched it on Discovery+. It was on the main page and it mentioned comp bbq so i was all in.

Really like Michael and seems his personality really shines through. More reality/ less fluff talk.

Good luck to all the teams. They're fueling my desire to reenter competitions :razz:

Back