New BBQ show on Food Network with Custom Smokers Build

IamMadMan

somebody shut me the fark up.
New BBQ show on Food Network

My Friend Bubba has a new show on the food network. While it is about BBQ, the show takes you through the steps of designing, creating, and building custom BBQ Smokers and then cooking on them.....

http://philly.eater.com/tags/bubba-q

http://blog.foodnetwork.com/fn-dish/2013/07/introducing-bubba-and-his-custom-bubba-q-grills/

It wasn't too long ago that Robert "Bubba" Kolbasowski opened his barbecue joint at 19 W. Girard Avenue known as Bubba's BBQ. While Starr's Fette Sau was opening up shop just around the corner, Bubba fought for the attention that was being poured on the other place. Well, that's about to change, as Bubba landed a show on The Food Network called Bubba-Q, which kicks off on Monday August 19.

The concept of the show isn't cooking so much as a showcase of Bubba's talents in the world of designing custom grills and smokers out of crazy stuff (like a classic hot rod transformed into a grill). As a genuine Texas pit master with more than 40 years of barbecue experience, Bubba knows what he’s doing. When he’s not building custom smokers and grills, he runs a catering outfit and cooks for weekly hoedowns at the Hedger House Bar and Grill. But even the best ‘cue master can’t do it all by himself. Bubba has help from his family and friends, characters who all bring their own specialties to the table.

If you’ve ever dreamed of having your very own custom-made barbecue, but didn’t know where to get one, you’re in luck, because there’s one man who’s the expert. Bubba, Texas-born but Philadelphia-based, builds custom, made-to-order grills — there’s almost no grill he can’t create. Check him out on Food Network’s new series Bubba-Q, which premieres Monday, August 19 at 10:30pm.

Bubba’s brother George, known as Fobo, a ’60s hippie through and through, is Bubba’s right-hand man, helping him build the one-of-a-kind barbecues. Then there’s Bubba’s son Bobby, who’s the brains of the operation — with his degree in engineering, he has the right combination of technical know-how and common sense to bring the technical aspects of each custom grill to life without letting it get out of control. Barry, Bubba’s longtime friend, is a metal fabricator, or “man of steel,” who can turn almost anything into a custom barbecue. Arlene is Bubba’s sister-in-law, who, when she’s not working at her tattoo shop or riding her motorcycle, helps Bubba by designing the artwork for each grill and by doing the custom paint jobs. And finally, without Lonni, Bubba’s business manager in charge of customer relations and sales, there’d be no one to keep the team in line.

Bubba-Q premieres Monday, August 19 at 10:30pm. Congrats, Bubba!

saw the coming attraction on TC the other night....

hadn't heard of him as a pitbuilder or a BBQ cook....

wish him luck but from what I saw on the ad, it didn't seem that interesting, I'll check it out at least once though....

I dropped in there last November... on my way back from a wedding in NY... Asked if I could see the smoker and Bubba showed me... and fed me ribs and chicken (as good as I've eaten in KC) while explaining how he could control the smoke flow to each section of the smoker. The thing is massive. Looks like a wall of lock boxes. Wood burning, too. By the time my smoked mac & cheese was ready, I was almost too full to eat it... almost.

I dropped in there last November... on my way back from a wedding in NY... Asked if I could see the smoker and Bubba showed me... and fed me ribs and chicken (as good as I've eaten in KC) while explaining how he could control the smoke flow to each section of the smoker. The thing is massive. Looks like a wall of lock boxes. Wood burning, too. By the time my smoked mac & cheese was ready, I was almost too full to eat it... almost.

A friend had a party for his son who just graduated Marine Boot Camp and came home for a few days before going to Infantry / Recon school.

I made pulled pork, and Bubba brought his rig and made ribs and chicken.

Back