THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks like those 2 speed bumps leaving the hotel really did tenderize it. Sometimes those lazy cooks turn out the best. Looks good.

The only thing good thing that ever came from a speed bump.

Looks tasty. If it wasn't the best you've had, there is only one thing you can do - try again! at least that is what I always say.

I know it sounds like a lot, but I typically use 1/4c of kosher salt and 1/4c of coarse pepper. 2tb just doesn't sound like enough to me. Of course I never pan or foil either...

I actually added a bit more than what was stated, but not close to 1/4 cup (4tbsp). It actually was quite good as is, although I could've used a bit more pepper or cayenne. The pepper I used was ground and we don't use a lot of that and I think it's old.

Great lookin cook. And here I thought you were only messing around about the whole thing.

Wasn't I? :noidea:

It looks fantastic Gore.

We'd appreciate anything you would do differently next time. I'm curious to know why you wouldn't want to hold it for 3 hours.

I ask only because I haven't done one myself.

Dave

Like I stated above, I would have added a bit more pepper. I usually prefer about a two-hour rest. I'm really lazy and did not get a cooler from the basement and just wrapped the whole thing in a towel. As it was, it did cool a bit more than I like (which also makes it a bit drier, although it was still pretty juicy). As far as time and temperature, that was great. A six-hour cook doesn't mess with my beauty sleep hardly at all.

guess I should cancel my trip to N.A.S.A.UPS is off the radar too!

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't see any launches this weekend. :tsk:

Taking notes,
3 ingredient rub, salt pepper cayenne
temp 333,
3 hours smoke, 3 hours wrapped, 3 hours rest
Off to store to buy brisket...
jon

I can see I should have started with 3 brisket. :tsk:

Great looking briskie Gore... The real question becomes what are you cooking today as I'm sure you ate the whole thing? :caked:

Brisket omelet. :hungry:

There is no way a guy can wake up at 8:30 and make a delicious Brisket by 6.... can't be done. Someone should make a video to prove this.

I can't believe nobody has made a video on how to make a hot-'n-fast brisket yet. Bunch of slackers on this site. :tsk:

That could be a thought for the video Throwdown, maybe have some catchy music to go with it, disco perhaps. :thumb:

Breaking news on Fox, Gore from parts unknown has just won "rookie of the year". Very nice brisket you got there Sir...

Back