New at this; thanks for the brisket help

Looks like those 2 speed bumps leaving the hotel really did tenderize it. Sometimes those lazy cooks turn out the best. Looks good.

The only thing good thing that ever came from a speed bump.

Looks tasty. If it wasn't the best you've had, there is only one thing you can do - try again! at least that is what I always say.

I know it sounds like a lot, but I typically use 1/4c of kosher salt and 1/4c of coarse pepper. 2tb just doesn't sound like enough to me. Of course I never pan or foil either...

I actually added a bit more than what was stated, but not close to 1/4 cup (4tbsp). It actually was quite good as is, although I could've used a bit more pepper or cayenne. The pepper I used was ground and we don't use a lot of that and I think it's old.

Great lookin cook. And here I thought you were only messing around about the whole thing.

Wasn't I? :noidea:

It looks fantastic Gore.

We'd appreciate anything you would do differently next time. I'm curious to know why you wouldn't want to hold it for 3 hours.

I ask only because I haven't done one myself.

Dave

Like I stated above, I would have added a bit more pepper. I usually prefer about a two-hour rest. I'm really lazy and did not get a cooler from the basement and just wrapped the whole thing in a towel. As it was, it did cool a bit more than I like (which also makes it a bit drier, although it was still pretty juicy). As far as time and temperature, that was great. A six-hour cook doesn't mess with my beauty sleep hardly at all.

guess I should cancel my trip to N.A.S.A.UPS is off the radar too!

Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't see any launches this weekend. :tsk:

Taking notes,
3 ingredient rub, salt pepper cayenne
temp 333,
3 hours smoke, 3 hours wrapped, 3 hours rest
Off to store to buy brisket...
jon

Great looking briskie Gore... The real question becomes what are you cooking today as I'm sure you ate the whole thing? :caked:

Taking notes,
3 ingredient rub, salt pepper cayenne
temp 333,
3 hours smoke, 3 hours wrapped, 3 hours rest
Off to store to buy brisket...
jon

I can see I should have started with 3 brisket. :tsk:

Great looking briskie Gore... The real question becomes what are you cooking today as I'm sure you ate the whole thing? :caked:

Brisket omelet. :hungry:

There is no way a guy can wake up at 8:30 and make a delicious Brisket by 6.... can't be done. Someone should make a video to prove this.

I can't believe nobody has made a video on how to make a hot-'n-fast brisket yet. Bunch of slackers on this site. :tsk:

That could be a thought for the video Throwdown, maybe have some catchy music to go with it, disco perhaps. :thumb:

Breaking news on Fox, Gore from parts unknown has just won "rookie of the year". Very nice brisket you got there Sir...

Back