1.5# Harold’s Ground Chuck
Beef fat
1 can fire roasted tomato 🍅
Three palmfuls Mexene Chili Powder
1 palmful Lantana Of Texas

While it was just meat and beans made a Mexican Pile On -with leftovers

Chili was made with leftovers from the leftovers- bagged for future Frito Pie

Last edited:
You could not be more wrong. Texas Chili Mac with onions, cheese is the best.

That sounds more like putting chili (that is finished) in with pasta, onions and cheese. Not my preference...but acceptable.

However, Texas Chili DOES NOT HAVE BEANS.

That would be a Yankee bastardization of Texas Chili. :biggrin1:

If we have chili, my love will put beans in it. I prefer black beans the best but she is a kidney bean in chili only kind of person. That's how she was raised; me too I guess. But I enjoy with or without. As long as it tastes good...

I like it both ways to be honest. Most times no beans, other than the can of ranch style beans I pulse up in the food processor to thicken the chili.

I don't put beans in my chili (and I'm from Massachusetts). However, some of the people I feed want beans. So I just heat up a can of kidney beans and add it to their bowls if they want. I also use no tomatoes. I roast bell peppers and poblanos, remove the skins, puree them and that is my base. It eliminates the acid indigestion and tastes awesome. I get rave reviews. :)

I am gonna sit this one out....... but, just remember Terlingua...... :razz:

All at the same time, too, Big George.

Chili without beans is sauce. :boxing:

:biggrin1:
I don't know why, but I love that quote.
Chili without beans is sauce. Lovely

One of the very nice things about being born and raised where I was is that in any Yankee/Southerner/Texan or other regional debate where one side calls the other side names and claims privilege, I can simply claim neutrality. That neutrality means I don't have to abide by either sides hidebound rules.

I can walk freely in the South and be free from Yankee criticisms and walk freely in the Northeast without the ridicules flung at the south.

In the debate over Chili, there's no question in our house. In our house you throw whatever you want in the pot and we still call it chili. You have complete freedom of ingredients. If it tastes good, we'll do it again. We avoid calling our stuff "authentic" or "genuine" because we have no idea what that means to neutral party folks. And yes, beans is good eats in Chili in our house

A quick search of the google machine seems to indicate chili orignal started out sans beans and that adding beans became acceptable at a later date.

Truth be known I like all chili. With beans,without beans, with spaghetti, without spaghetti.
I typically make it with Ranch beans. My kids like it with spaghetti noodles so I cook the noodles separate and they can spoon the chili over it.

I do not make chili with beans, but I will certainly eat chili with beans. If it tastes good, that's all I need. :hungry:

If my info is correct, chili supposedly came from chuckwagon cooks disposing of meat that was getting funky - just season/cook the hell out it to cover up whatever was going on with the meat. My guess is there have been many a chili-fueled simulation of that one scene in Blazing Saddles. :shocked:

Back