THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WhiskyJoe

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
Eric
Hi Everyone! Happy New Year!

I just heard that my new LSG offset is going to start fabrication next week. Can't wait!!!! I want to create a list of things to make early on and I could use some help. Me controlling temps on the first few cooks will be like a blind guy driving on ice, I don't want to do anything hard (no brisket!). My thoughts are:
  • Fatties
  • Smoked meatloaf
  • pork shoulder

What else do y'all recommend?

Chicken quarters are cheap and you can arrange to find out hot/cool spots. As a first foray into beef, maybe a chuck roast.

Burgers! They not only taste great, but spray grease as they cook, which coats the inside of the smoker.

I really like to bake biscuits. This way I can see hot spots, how clean I am burning the fire (no soot visible), ten make fattie country gravy for biscuits and gravy:)

For some reason I always do chicken in a new cooker.
It tastes good if things go right, and it’s cheap enough that you don’t mind tossing if thing go wrong.

I always do a porterhouse steak to break in a new grill. It tastes great and it’s pretty hard to mess up a grilled porterhouse steak.

Burgers! They not only taste great, but spray grease as they cook, which coats the inside of the smoker.

I really like to bake biscuits. This way I can see hot spots, how clean I am burning the fire (no soot visible), ten make fattie country gravy for biscuits and gravy:)

At what temp do you cook the burgers? I'm used to burgers on the 600 degree gas grill

For some reason I always do chicken in a new cooker.
It tastes good if things go right, and it’s cheap enough that you don’t mind tossing if thing go wrong.

I always do a porterhouse steak to break in a new grill. It tastes great and it’s pretty hard to mess up a grilled porterhouse steak.

:clap2:

I like to season with Pam Do a biscuit test to check out the hot spots and then do a Naked Fatty for the inaugural cook

Back