Need help choosing a good meat injector!

If anyone cares, I've been able to find supplies to make a few more of this sprayer style injector, send me a pm if you're interested in having me make one for you.
How much for one of these gizmos? Only thing is- I use grated spices and herbs in my brine. Will the holes in the needle allow passage of the brine without clogging up the holes? Thanks.

How much for one of these gizmos? Only thing is- I use grated spices and herbs in my brine. Will the holes in the needle allow passage of the brine without clogging up the holes? Thanks.

It's always a good idea to toast your spices a little to wake them up, then I put them in a blender and powder them before adding them to my injection liquid. After an overnight soak you can then strain the resulting liquid and use that without fear of clogging your needle. :becky:
Just my 2 cents :becky:

It's always a good idea to toast your spices a little to wake them up, then I put them in a blender and powder them before adding them to my injection liquid. After an overnight soak you can then strain the resulting liquid and use that without fear of clogging your needle. :becky:
Just my 2 cents :becky:

Spot on! :thumb:

Heres what I just bought and I LOVE it!!!

http://www.outdoorlivingdotcom.com/catalog/item/7407217/7737671.htm

It was relatively inexpensive...$38. Especially considering what small 4oz injectors cost.

It's small enough...1/2 gallon capacity...for home use for turkeys and large roasts...a decent # of chicken breasts or other small cuts...and yet big enough for comp cooking that you don't have to refill a smaller one 3 or 4 times for each boston butt or brisket.

It holds it prime and pressure for a good 15 to 20 seconds before having to repressurize.

I really like the squeeze trigger versus having to turn a valve to start and stop.

The needle is big enough...about 2 1/2"...with 2 openings offset from the other...for large things like boston butts...but still short and thin enough for thinner meats like briskets.

Free shipping to!!!

When I decided to upgrade from a hand injector, I considered how much I've spent on the cheap ones and what a good new one would cost. This one is comparable in price and has a much larger capacity. I highly recommend it!!!

Back