Need help choosing a good meat injector!

I had bought the really expensive Bayou Classic one from Amazon and it SUCKED. I tossed it and replaced it with the el cheapo one that looks very much like TB_BBQ's above and it works really well.

Here are some that I sell really cheap and this is what I use for comps also.

Kosmo

PS I have them in 20cc and 60cc although the 60 is not on the website yet.

I saw Myron Mixon using one of these on a TV show. I went to his website and he wanted $200 bucks!
The price for this one is still pretty steep considering what it is, but it's still a lot cheaper than Mr Mixons

http://www.spitjack.com/Merchant2/m...Code=SJ&Product_Code=BRINE-PUMP-MEAT-INJECTOR

Until I can figure out a way to make one cheap I'll stay with my $7 injector :-D

If you injected 100 hogs a year, you too would probably find value in those brine pumps...and then again there is something nice about free enterprise and the power of marketing...if he can get that price, more power to him

Any veterinary supply store will have the pistol syringes available, sometimes down to $20. Plenty of cheap needles too. You ARE injecting hogs........

If you injected 100 hogs a year, you too would probably find value in those brine pumps...and then again there is something nice about free enterprise and the power of marketing...if he can get that price, more power to him

I agree with free enterprise. I don't inject that much in a year but you should have seen how well it worked! Shoulders were plumping like crazy! It was so much faster and easier than my stick, push,refill, stick push, refill. I can see how you could get a huge amount of flavor in your meats very quickly. in a matter of moments. what were once footballs looked like soccer balls, WOW!
One of these days I'll be inspired by something I see in the store and "click" :heh::heh::heh:

just got a Spitjack and am really bummed that the "mini" needle is such a large diameter. anybody know if you can get smaller needles???

I use the brine pump. Cheapest I ever found was about $135.00. I think butcher-packer.com gets around $180.00 or so. They are not cheap but get the job done in a hurry. The needles are about 8-10" long and have multiple holes. They are made to put lots of brine deep into hams, next to the bone.

The injector Myron uses is the F Dick Brine Pump.

It is on the web at several places for about $140 or so.
Example only:
http://www.madcowcutlery.com/store/pc/F-Dick-Manual-Brine-Pump-Marinade-Injector-136p1538.htm

I won't say it is great (but it is :-D) , but I own two, one is a backup.
My part time partner has one we carry when he is cooking on the team.
I use it heavily at home and at comps.

Great tool for those who are serious about injecting.
I pump briskets and butts up till they look like a basketball.
Just me.

The skipjack and the pressure pump injectors are great also.

TIM

You guys really like having to refill that syringe constantly?? :becky:

2010-12-30231120.jpg

2010-12-30231010.jpg
\

is that needle a bit short?

I strongly recommend the Flavor Injector from Sur La Table. At $19, it's not the cheapest, but they have a lifetime warrranty on everything they sell, so when it breaks, they'll replace it no charge. I just swapped mine out yesterday at one of their stores, in fact.

I haven't tried the Spitjack or the F. Dick one. A little rich for my blood. But the Sur La Table one works well, doesn't leak, and held up for a couple years for me until the black plastic cracked at the base of the needle. I've broken every injector I've bought (Bayou Classic, the cheapie plastic ones at the supermarket, and a few others) but this one lasted a lot longer than the rest. I'm happy to know I can return it when this one eventually dies and they'll keep replacing it for free.

I strongly recommend the Flavor Injector from Sur La Table. At $19, it's not the cheapest, but they have a lifetime warrranty on everything they sell, so when it breaks, they'll replace it no charge. I just swapped mine out yesterday at one of their stores, in fact.

I haven't tried the Spitjack or the F. Dick one. A little rich for my blood. But the Sur La Table one works well, doesn't leak, and held up for a couple years for me until the black plastic cracked at the base of the needle. I've broken every injector I've bought (Bayou Classic, the cheapie plastic ones at the supermarket, and a few others) but this one lasted a lot longer than the rest. I'm happy to know I can return it when this one eventually dies and they'll keep replacing it for free.

That does look like a good one. I was about to post my disappointed that Amazon doesn't sell the same one, so I wouldn't have to pay shipping. Then, I saw the "Find a Store" button on their website. Not anticipating finding one anywhere near me, what do you know. 2 miles from my house. I pass one block away twice every single day and never noticed it. :doh:

\

is that needle a bit short?

lol, looks like we posted at about the same time...

I typically only inject briskets, chicken and pork loin, the needle shiel shown is 1.5" x 16ga. What I like about it is that you can put a longer needle on it if needed, but 1.5" from each side gives you a depth of 3" total.

Also, the 1.5" needle turns around backwards and fits inside the sprayer tip for storage.

That's what I use too, cheap, easy to handle, good thin sharp points.

needle_100.jpg

...and they're only $2.70 each when you buy a 3pack! You can buy them direct from Butcher BBQ here
http://www.butcherbbq.com/?pg=order :thumb:

We sell so many injectors the manufacture made us a dealer in Oklahoma. So we pass the savings on to you. The 60cc with a 2 inch needle for $2.00 each or buy 3 and they are $1.80 each.

We sell so many injectors the manufacture made us a dealer in Oklahoma. So we pass the savings on to you. The 60cc with a 2 inch needle for $2.00 each or buy 3 and they are $1.80 each.

That's a good price. Are those the needles that slip fit over a tapered end of the syringe, or do the needle hubs thread in to the syringe?

1.5" or 2" is plenty for those that haven't used these. I've used 14 gauge veterinary needles that thread into my Bayou Classic injector, and they work great at that length.

That's a good price. Are those the needles that slip fit over a tapered end of the syringe, or do the needle hubs thread in to the syringe?

1.5" or 2" is plenty for those that haven't used these. I've used 14 gauge veterinary needles that thread into my Bayou Classic injector, and they work great at that length.

They are the Luer lock. The threaded type.

Last edited:
"Need help choosing a good meat injector!"

"That's what she said." :-D

If anyone cares, I've been able to find supplies to make a few more of this sprayer style injector, send me a pm if you're interested in having me make one for you.

I used Gary Hedgers' injector that you helped him make and it was awesome!

We injected 30 butts in 2 hours!

The device really plumps up the meat, too.

This thing rocks! :thumb:

2010-12-30231120.jpg

Back