Naturiffic Q Salt-- Chicken Stock?

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Hell Yea. Hard to beat home made stock when compared to box. I use a lot of different liquids in Soup-Stew-Chili but a nice generous amount of dead bird carcass simmering with onion, garlic, carrot and seasoned with Naturiffic Q Salt is awesome. Sometimes the liquid resembles beer, coffee, tea. Sometimes a blend. Temperature been hovering near 100 last few day. This morning wind chill 35*. Good stock making weather. Wind, High Plains crazy Winds

Last edited:
General question for the stock makers: Do you or have you ever saved the aromatics after producing the stocks and incorporated them in the next soup etc. that you make from the stock? All recipes I've seen always say to discard the veggies from the stock. I assume the reason is after the boil and simmer, all of the flavor and nutrients have been extracted. I wonder if they could be pureed and used as a thickener in the next soup, stew, gumbo, etc.

I'll bet it does smell good.

It's really your call. For simplicity it's easy to strain. I've done it both ways. Specially if I'm making a chicken noodle or chicken dumpling. But if I am using it in chili or green chili stew or similar I'll remove coarse chopped. One exception- I use whole fresh garlic cloves. I always keep the garlic forwarding to next pot of whatever it becomes

Oh, man... that was pretty to start with, then you seriously took it up a whole other notch with that green chile addition!

Back