My very first whole red snapper on the grill

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
I brought this home from my recent trip to the beach...
I had never tried grilling a whole red snapper before, I used the Hasty Bake grill.

The fish was cleaned and they scaled it for me. I removed the fins...

5e2a04d0-1.jpg

seasoned with sea salt, lemon pepper, drizzled with olive oil and stuffed with lemon slices and fresh thyme.

37252e9c-1.jpg

smoked my rice with scallions, in chicken stock first..... then grilled a few leeks..

8c1e2516-1.jpg

added the snapper...

6ec7748d-1.jpg

2ada8af4-1.jpg

0886195c-1.jpg

411c42cf-1.jpg

the missing eye didn't bother me...

f25d8a04-1.jpg

but I tried to make it look better.. (I was playing with my food :) )

I tried a slice of lemon..

fc452d49-1.jpg

the cherry tomato looked worse than no eye...

c6adb62f-1.jpg

so I settled on a Pirate's patch made from a grilled leek.

e0a5157f-1.jpg

I mixed some of the grilled leeks into the rice...

4866737f-1.jpg

I loved the fish. Pretty sure I need to move closer to the ocean. :-D

Thanks for looking!

Yee haw cowgirl, them are some purdy pictures. I love the way you plated it. It looks very delicious. Thanks for sharing!

Not only are you an awesome cook,. but I loved the sense of humor with the fish eyez! I was partial to the pirate look myself. :clap2:

Not only are you an awesome cook,. but I loved the sense of humor with the fish eyez! I was partial to the pirate look myself. :clap2:

Thanks! The patch was my favorite look too! :becky:

Thank you friends...

Bahhh!!! Beginner's luck! there's no way you could do that good again! :becky:

Definitely a fan of the eye patch!! :thumb:

Looks like a great meal! Thanks for the pron Jeanie!

miss jeanie .... your food looks wonderful! How do you manage to put so much fun and talent into your cooking? You really have a special talent. Thanks so much for sharing it with us again.
BTW, I loved the 'eye' game you played. But I think I might have tried an pimento filled olive for that popeyed look!

Like that fish, i always keep an eye out for posts by cowgirl.

Great lookin' grub!

Thank you Ryan, Razrbak, Blue and Jeff!! :-D

miss jeanie .... your food looks wonderful! How do you manage to put so much fun and talent into your cooking? You really have a special talent. Thanks so much for sharing it with us again.
BTW, I loved the 'eye' game you played. But I think I might have tried an pimento filled olive for that popeyed look!

Thank you!!! How have you been? It's good to see ya. :-D I will try the olive next time. :becky:

Like that fish, i always keep an eye out for posts by cowgirl.

Great lookin' grub!
Thank you too Frognot, you are so kind...

Looks REAL nice Jeanie! I think your "disguises" just draws more attention to the head... lol :wink:

lol Phrasty, I think you are right, probably should have just served it as it was. :becky: Thanks!

I've never had red snapper but would love to try it, especially on the grill. It looks great...and I loved your several attempts at making the missing eye look better! I got a great laugh out of that! :becky:

Back