THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

that looks great. cant wait to see your first cook on it!!!

That is a nice kettle! I love my ‘98 green Mastertouch Weber but if I was buying today the SnS kettle would be high on my list. There are few things more versatile than a kettle grill. If you need any extra motivation, Chud’s BBQ YouTube channel has been running a kettle series where he uses a Weber with the Slow and Sear deluxe charcoal basket and the SnS grate. He just posted a brisket cook. Great content

First cook. I went for a simple cook. Chicken thighs and wings

7U25pHYh.jpg

Til8AZKh.jpg

It felt good. The forth leg makes it feel sturdy. It does not wobble when I move the pieces around. The probe hole is a good thing. It held 350 all along three batches with about two third chimney of lump. The cook felt more laid back which is a very good thing.
Meat came out as expected. I don't think there was a taste difference.

Next up salmon tomorrow for a holiday dinner. See how it handles low temps. Albeit a short cook.

The salmon cook was a good experience. Setting and holding easily at 250. I did not try to adjust any further. I used only the smoke port for intake and it was very thin opened. Just a 1-2 mm. The top vent was a quarter open. That held 250. I know the parts and lid are not seasoned with grease yet so some air goes in and out without control. Trying to fiddle with that would be useless. After a few more cooks it will be better.

The included lid thermometer seems very accurate. Showing almost the same temp as the digital grate probe.

And cleaning was easy. I used foil on the drip pan. Collect and throw away. Ashes down the hatch. Some Ashes are not pushed down though. It seems the 5 flaps are not flush with the kettle bottom. I will need to look into that.

The outcome is what you would expect from charcoal and pecan chunks in a kettle. It was good and not different then the Webber as I remember.

F5i2tpkh.jpg

Back