My new Assassin Grill

olewarthog

Full Fledged Farker
Mark one off my bucket list. I have a new Assassin 36 Grill. It's beautiful Auburn Tiger orange.

Standard configuration except with stack on right. Since I have an Assassin gravity feed smoker, this will mainly be for grilling. I may order the V-pan later.

Seasoning it now. Put down a single layer of charcoal about 2/3 across the pan. Started about a dozen briqs & dumped them on the door end. Come up to about 300 & holding with vent barely cracked. Got s couple steaks to go on later.

Last edited:
let me know how the stack works out on the right side and have thought about doing this .

Congrats on the new toy! I bet it's really gonna look great paired with the gf.

Welcome to the club, I also have the 36"and I love it. By the way, looks like Florida orange and blue!! Congrats!! Now get some PRON going.

This might be a dumb question, but what does moving the stack to the right do? I'm new to this and started with a WSM about two weeks ago. I'm thinking an Assassin grill might be my next move.

This might be a dumb question, but what does moving the stack to the right do? I'm new to this and started with a WSM about two weeks ago. I'm thinking an Assassin grill might be my next move.

how they design the cooker with the v-pan is heat goes under the v-pan and then out slots in the other end and then comes back across the top of it and out the stack in the middle . if the stack is on the right side it would act more like a off-set charcoal cooker smoker and will have more stable heat zones instead of having to rotate meat . this Is a awesome designed cooker and I love mine just the was it was built but curious how this works out and thought about it and posted about doing this option . I like that I can smoke ribs on one end on mine and a hour before the ribs get done I can grill steaks , burgers or chicken wings on the other end through the slots as the charcoal burns that way but this is the v-pan option I am referring to that OP did not get at this time .

Moving the stack to the right should increase the airflow across the cooking chamber. If you are using the water pan it should help even out the temps across the cook chamber & allow the charcoal to burn evenly as it progresses from left to right across the charcoal grate. I think the right side stack would be even more beneficial with the V-pan by helping draw heat & smoke toward the exhaust more evenly. Looking at some of BBQ Freaks videos, the center stack & V-pan work like a charm.

For the seasoning cook, I laid down a single layer of briquettes a little over halfway across the charcoal grate. I started about a dozen pieces & poured them on the vent end. During the seasoning, the charcoal burned pretty evenly across the grate. As you can see in the pics, I had the vent barely open & it held right at 300 for over 2 hours. I was getting pretty hungry at that point, so I got a couple of steaks ready. There was still a little less than 1/3 of the charcoal still unlit. I opened up the vent to get it up to grilling temps. After grilling the steaks, I closed off the vent & stack & let it cool down. Still had some charcoal left on the grate this morning, but all have some ash/burn.

I mainly got this for grilling since I have an Assassin Gravity Feed Smoker. I'm thinking of experimenting with the water pan on a few racks of ribs this weekend.

Nice piece of equipment, but being a lifelong Georgia Bulldog, there is no no way that Auburn Tiger Orange would be considered beautiful! That also goes for Tennessee & Florida as well.

Without me checking their website, is there a gas burner option for any of the Assassin grills?

Back