My lazy-a** brisket cook today w/ PRON

Thanks for sharing the PRON, timing and Rub recipe... helps us new guys a ton. I haven’t been brave enough to leave one on up to 208. Thanks for a plug of confidence and reminder to trust the different feel of each piece of meat...

Thanks for sharing the PRON, timing and Rub recipe... helps us new guys a ton. I haven’t been brave enough to leave one on up to 208. Thanks for a plug of confidence and reminder to trust the different feel of each piece of meat...

Hey man, you're welcome.

As far as 208 temp: I checked the internal temps a few times as it went along just to give me a ballpark to its progress. When I pulled it, it actually still had more resistance at a few points than I would like, but when I checked the temp and it was 208 that was just confirmation that I better get it out of there. And thusly why I ended up wrapping it in foil after the first rest so it could tender-up some more before slicing. The last one I did (also a prime) didn't end like that at all. You are right, each one is different.

Smoke on....

I cook my fair share of "prime" briskets and my experience with them is that they will always finish at higher internal temp compared to choice or select grade.

Nice work, thinking about a loaded up brisket sandwich with the leftovers.

Back