My kettle pizza mod

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
George
Finally got the parts together to do this. Tomorrow will be the acid test. My first attempt at making pizza. The extra lid was just taking up space in the storage shed, so why not.
1. Cut the opening to permit a 16 inch stone; added a handle and painted with high temp gloss.
2. Had a cast iron garden pot caddy that I used as a grate for my propane burner; casters removed and replaced with bolts that would raise it to the proper height fro the grate.
3. placed a lazy susan plate on garden caddy so I can turn the stone/pizza without having to remove it from the oven (and probably drop it to the pavement). Don't know how long the turning plate will last in the heat but stores being closed, I could not get a heavier unit from the marine parts store. May have to replace that later.
4. The stone turns beautifully.
5. and the finished product.

Attachments

• pizza lid.jpg
    pizza lid.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 195
  • pizza caddy rev.jpg
    pizza caddy rev.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 195
  • pizza susan.jpg
    pizza susan.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 195
  • pizza stone.jpg
    pizza stone.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 196
  • Izza complete.jpg
    Izza complete.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 194
Cool, watcha waiting for? fire it up
Ha, ha. Would love to but have a pre-planned family event this evening. Not to mention that the previously prepared dough needs to thaw in the fridge over night.
Which brings up a question I have: is there anything that needs to be done to/with to frozen dough, other than thaw before use?

Now THATS frickin THINKING!!!

Pre-planned my foot...

Fire that mother UP!!!

Nice hack, what did you cut the lid with, looks neat

Thanks! Now I know what to do with MY extra lid.
If you do, I suggest you hold on to the cut out piece. I intend to re attach with a hinge so it can be opened and closed at will. Don't know what that will accomplish but you don't know 'till you try. May come in handy doing breads, flat breads, etc.

Back