My first solo. And... I have a name...

Ron:
RE: Executive Summary

LMFAO
How well I remember those days.

Thanks for a great report, sounds like a lot of fun and a great learning experiance. I don't compete, but sometimes we cook for a lot of people and Tim is right on. Always sweeter than I think it should be, and All-ways falling off the bone.

Good post Ron. My daughter is 14, so I understand completely. I cooked steaks tonight and she loved them.

P.S. Did you remember the coffee?

Bigdog said:
Good post Ron. My daughter is 14, so I understand completely. I cooked steaks tonight and she loved them.

P.S. Did you remember the coffee?

Yep... A full thermos of a Yemen Bani Matar that is just wonderful...

Glad ya learned a lot Ron. And tha dessert sounds great! Can't wait to see it this weekend.

Sounds like you had a fun and educational weekend. Glad, too, that the daughter had a good time, whether she'll admit it or not! :D

It also sounds like it was a good warm up for you. :D

Jeff_in_KC said:
Nice going, Ron! Question is, are you gonna keep going with contests? Sounds like you might.

Yeah... I'm hooked! I'll probably cook at any local rib cookoffs, etc. that I can find in the Chicago area. Also, I'll help Parrothead out in any comps he's in as long as he will have me!

Sounds like you had a great weekend. Spending time with the kids is always a plus no matter what you are doing. My older two "live" with us, but to spend time with them is next to impossible with their busy schedules. One of these days I will have to try the comp thing, since every one of you guys that has done it is hooked.

Excellent report, Ron. Sounds like you had a blast. I hear ya on the over sauced stuff. If I ever do a non-sanctioned, non-certified judge competition again, I'll use French's Dressing.....LOL.

Great report, Ron. Like Dog, I was glad to see you had coffee! And now you've been seduced by the Dark Side! (insert Darth Vader breathing here)

Gotta have coffee! I'm bringing fresh coffee, my travel grinder and a pour-over maker to the Peoria competition so that Greg, Bob and I don't have to go begging for caffiene on Saturday morning!

Here's a link to the few pics I took at the Last Fling. Afterwards, I realized that I didn't take any pictures of our ribs! Doh!

Parrothead... There are a few pics of the strawberry-chocolate panini I am considering for dessert at Peoria. I'm doing another test run tonight.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=kgobm78.17odrqxw&x=0&y=wq5o8h

Oh yeah... The photo of the BBQtioners is Mad_Dawg and his team. Bryan is on the left.

Back