My dream Lonestar Grillz trailer

That is definitely going to be a sweet rig. If Chris said he can balance the weight I would believe him. Looking at the sketch though there will be a lot of weight on the tongue. He said my mini is going to weigh 650 and the large models must weigh quite a bit more, times two. Looking forward to seeing the finished trailer.

When are you going to drop off your Smoker? I'm headed to Tuscaloosa Sunday to drop off my deep fryer and griddle.

Next week, but I'm going to Willis, TX instead :-D

That is definitely going to be a sweet rig. If Chris said he can balance the weight I would believe him. Looking at the sketch though there will be a lot of weight on the tongue. He said my mini is going to weigh 650 and the large models must weigh quite a bit more, times two. Looking forward to seeing the finished trailer.

yeah, I'm hoping it works out as planned.

Wow, a serious rig there. The large cabinets run about 850# a piece. That's gonna be one heavy trailer.

I'm shakin in my boots. I don't have a heavy truck. Just a Mazda CX-7.

Are you serious? That won't work at all. That trailer would seriously overload that vehicle. The towing capacity is 1500 - 2000lbs depending on options and it can't handle hardly any tongue weight. Like 100-150lbs.

I threw it away as soon as I saw the towing capacity.
:pray:

I know eventually I'll need to get a bigger truck. But for now, the trailer will only sit at home anyway.

I'm thinking the CX-7 would be ok for just bringing it from garage to backyard.

What's the manual say? :shocked:

Uhhhh.... I assume you'll use/rent truck to pick up the trailer from Willis? Is it happening this month? Let me know if you need help.

R u avalable to help me bring the smoker out from the backyard on Wednesday morning? Sometime around 9:30am. I'll pick up the UHaul at 8am.

I'll figure out the pickup situation later.

Uhhhh.... I assume you'll use/rent truck to pick up the trailer from Willis? Is it happening this month? Let me know if you need help.

I assume you meant next Wednesday? This month is busy time for me at work but I think I can squeeze in an hour or so in the morning. I'll contact you offline.

Well folks,
There's a new development on this journey, and I don't even know where to begin explaining, but let me just jump right in.

I have had the biggest knot in my stomach since last weekend now that the build time of the trailer is here, and I'm faced with the reality and finalization of it. This trailer has been all I think about for the last six months, and it really surprised me that all these thoughts just surfaced and solidifies the past few days.

A lot has changed since six months ago, we are now 2-3 weeks from the arrival of our long awaited child, we have since decided that it is best for my wife to not have to come back to work after maternity, and I have decided that it is not the best time to start a barbecue business at the moment. Combined with the upwards of 20K cost of the driveway to be built for the trailer to go to my backyard and the City approval process.

All of those boils down to the need to face the reality that this trailer will not be the best thing for me to do right now.

So in my soul searching, I asked God to give me a sign, and told Him, if Chris has not started with the build when I call tomorrow morning, then that's how I know that I probably need to cancel this.

I called him the next morning, and sure enough, he has not started on the trailer, Santa Maria, or storage, only the 2 Vertical insulateds are done.

Here's where my mind is blown, when I called Chris and explained, he was so gracious and let me know that he will do whatever is best for me. No heart feelings. So after the dust is settled, TODAY I am headed there to go pick up ONE Vertical Insulated smoker for the house. Chris and Amber truly are first class. I look at months of emails back and forth we've had, a 35 bullet point list of upgrades and customizations, $11K trailer project, and they gave me no hard time.

I am part overwhelmed, part embarrased, but it's better to stop the train no matter how embarrasing or hard it may be, if we see a missing bridge ahead.

I also would like to apologize to ALL of you who have been looking forward to seeing this tricked out trailer.

Good for you that you did the soul searching now instead of after taking delivery. I'm sorry you aren't picking up this beast in a few weeks though.

Sounds like you're doing what's best and getting the support from others around you, including Chris and Amber! Good luck with the new one and I'm sure things will work out for you and the bbq biz if that's what you still want in the future!

Life has an unyielding way of aiding in the direction(s) we follow. I wish you and your family the best. Congrats on the upcoming new addition to the family. When the little one gets here it will put things into perspective and make you feel better you made this decision now rather than later.

Absolutely no reason to be embarrassed!

Life changes and you did the right thing, most times the right thing is the hardest thing, that's why so few do it!

Post pics when you pick it up!

Hey Haniel. Tough decision, but better to make it now than to wait a couple more weeks. Chris and Amber are wonderful people and this is just another example of it.

Just put the dream on the shelf and see where you are a year from now.

Back