My BBQ Nook

KevGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Kevin
So, this is what I’ve finally completed. It’s simple, but is organized and gets the job done:
pChtsk9.jpg
[/IMG]

I built the wooden table to put stuff on while cooking such as plates, tongs, sauces, etc... It even is handy for putting the Weber kettle top on when needed. I got tired of using the railing on the deck as things tend to easily fall off. The bottom of the table is used to keep the little portable stored and store the metal ash bucket.

On the right is a plastic deck box I got from Home Depot. In this I keep grills/grates, charcoal chimney, grill brushes, charcoal char baskets, Weber slow n swear, ash brush, smoking wood, charcoal, lighter fluid, charcoal rake, heat gloves, bbq cover, etc.

Like I said earlier, it’s only a Basic Weber kettle setup, but it is neat and functional. It keeps things protected from the elements and I know where everything is when I need it. Basically, I made the best out of what I had to work with. The wife even likes the setup.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
I like it! I think I have the same box next to my kettle. All the same stuff in mine too. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like it alot. I have 2 questions -
why would you not turn your storage bin lengthwise to give you a bit more room?
I'm sure there is a good answer.

2. You NEED some Durock or something fireproof under that grill - a piece of sheetmetal. My friend had one like yours at his place in N.C.
He had alot of guests use his grill like yours, just the tray, it's WINDY DOWN THERE -
I said STOP!

AND I TOOK IT FROM HIM -and gave him the new one with the ash basket..

Not kidding. Be careful.

2. You NEED some Durock or something fireproof under that grill - a piece of sheetmetal. My friend had one like yours at his place in N.C.
He had alot of guests use his grill like yours, just the tray, it's WINDY DOWN THERE -
I said STOP!

Not kidding. Be careful.

If I turned the storage bin the other way, it would interfere with the door used to come and go from the deck. Believe me, I thought about it.

I was thinking about getting a fire proof mat to put under the Weber kettle.

I said STOP!

Not kidding. Be careful.

Just ordered this from amazon.

iyaVdKr.jpg
[/IMG]

I was thinking about getting a fire proof mat to put under the Weber kettle.

I'd buy it more square or rectangle. Circular has so many tripping points, linear has only one - per side.

So first, I love you have a deck!

When you said put the lid on the table...I immediately thought...

"No, No, No. We need to get you a Master-Touch. STAT!" :wink:

Looks great. I too have just a weber kettle grill. But I've already made better pulled pork on it than I have had anywhere out in town. I can't wait to try ribs on it. My latest addition is a wireless temp monitor with two probes, one for the meat and one for the base grill temp. So far the only issue with the weber grill for me is maintaining a proper temp if I have to keep removing the lid. Every time I have to remove the lid it allows full air to the coals and it takes a while for it to calm down again. I am hoping that the wireless temp probes will help me to keep from taking the lid off except when I need to spray the meat.

Looks great. I too have just a weber kettle grill. But I've already made better pulled pork on it than I have had anywhere out in town. I can't wait to try ribs on it. My latest addition is a wireless temp monitor with two probes, one for the meat and one for the base grill temp. So far the only issue with the weber grill for me is maintaining a proper temp if I have to keep removing the lid. Every time I have to remove the lid it allows full air to the coals and it takes a while for it to calm down again. I am hoping that the wireless temp probes will help me to keep from taking the lid off except when I need to spray the meat.

With the accessories that are made for the Weber kettle, it’s amazing what that little bbq can do.

My favorite is using the char baskets that fit around the sides, then indirect cooking of a whole chicken. Comes out amazing.

I’m planning on doing the thanksgiving turkey on this little grill this year.

So first, I love you have a deck!

When you said put the lid on the table...I immediately thought...

"No, No, No. We need to get you a Master-Touch. STAT!" :wink:

Now that I have the table there, I’m ok with taking the entire lid off. Having a hinged lid is just more mechanical things to break or bend and not work properly.

So, this is what I’ve finally completed. It’s simple, but is organized and gets the job done:
pChtsk9.jpg
[/IMG]

I built the wooden table to put stuff on while cooking such as plates, tongs, sauces, etc... It even is handy for putting the Weber kettle top on when needed. I got tired of using the railing on the deck as things tend to easily fall off. The bottom of the table is used to keep the little portable stored and store the metal ash bucket.

On the right is a plastic deck box I got from Home Depot. In this I keep grills/grates, charcoal chimney, grill brushes, charcoal char baskets, Weber slow n swear, ash brush, smoking wood, charcoal, lighter fluid, charcoal rake, heat gloves, bbq cover, etc.

Like I said earlier, it’s only a Basic Weber kettle setup, but it is neat and functional. It keeps things protected from the elements and I know where everything is when I need it. Basically, I made the best out of what I had to work with. The wife even likes the setup.

Thanks for reading.

I like it! I think I have the same box next to my kettle. All the same stuff in mine too. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is this deck box waterproof? Can you store charcoal and pellets in it? I saw where you stated you stored your fire wood in it.

Is this deck box waterproof? Can you store charcoal and pellets in it? I saw where you stated you stored your fire wood in it.

The box it came in said it was waterproof. Only one way to find out I guess....leave it out in the rain. My smoking wood is in resealable bags along with the charcoal (Weber) so if some water gets in there, no biggie.

Back