THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

altomari8868

Knows what a fatty is.
I was hoping to find some new toy's for the season... What is your favorite Gadget that you use while competing.. It can be anything from a cool lighter to a sleeping cot.... Thought it may be a fun question to pose...

FEC-100.

Actually if I had to think long and hard I would say the Coleman Deck Chair I have is number one because it's pretty comfortable to sit on when I need a break. We are pretty simplistic and don't travel with more than we need in our trailer, so I don't have many gadgets.

A plug-in, double high air mattress.
A trusty orange Thermopen :cool:
Sully's Job Box...
516EATK8D2L.jpg

We've been sleeping on Army surplus cots. Best sleep I've had (side sleeper). And picked up a BBQ Guru for next season.

Atomic Clock...Therma-Pen (Green)...Weed Burner...Foil Pans...Single Barrel Jack Daniels...:cool:

Sweet Lucy is made 2 miles down the road from my house in Kelso, Tn. I didn't know it was that well distributed. It makes for some good drinking :p

Cabela's Outfitter XL Cot. It's one of the best investments we've ever made.

IMO Cots are a waste of space and wayyyy too cold at night (If you're in a cold environment)... not to mention they're not as comfortable as a good ThermaRest.

For less than the price of that cot, you could get a ThermaRest Base Camp Mat and sleep like you're on an expensive mattress. Best of all, it's self inflating (Sets up in seconds) and packs up into a very small sack (smaller than a folding camp chair bag).

Cots are too bulky, allow too much air underneath, and not NEARLY as comfortable IMO.

Back