THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMO Cots are a waste of space and wayyyy too cold at night (If you're in a cold environment)... not to mention they're not as comfortable as a good ThermaRest.

For less than the price of that cot, you could get a ThermaRest Base Camp Mat and sleep like you're on an expensive mattress. Best of all, it's self inflating (Sets up in seconds) and packs up into a very small sack (smaller than a folding camp chair bag).

Cots are too bulky, allow too much air underneath, and not NEARLY as comfortable IMO.

You're right about a cot allowing a lot of cold air to underneath in cold weather but a good sleeping bag helps to minimize that problem quite a bit.

You're also right about ThermaRest products being excellent options. The only real drawback with that choice for me is that I'm not really comfortable sleeping on the ground, even with a good mattress between me and the planet.

I think that both of our suggestions would work well depending on the circumstances at the time.

Always have a "huggie/coozie" and a shigging cup. And my trusty red thermapen.

You're right about a cot allowing a lot of cold air to underneath in cold weather but a good sleeping bag helps to minimize that problem quite a bit.

You're also right about ThermaRest products being excellent options. The only real drawback with that choice for me is that I'm not really comfortable sleeping on the ground, even with a good mattress between me and the planet.

I think that both of our suggestions would work well depending on the circumstances at the time.

Yes, especially when cooking in a muddy field or a parking lot.... especially an urban parking lot, like Troy NY.... was that a cat that just scurried through the site? :shocked:

I have one of the XL cots and yes its bulky but quite worth it imo

Krups.jpg

LED cap light (look ma, no hands)

Tablecloth clips (a nice fart can blow a tablecloth away)

Y-adapter for water hose (I'm tired of you guys dragging mud over here. Go make your own mudhole back behind your smoker :p)

Garden cart (much more hip than a red wagon)

Zero gravity chair (not so comfortable to sleep in, but darn good way to rest them feets)

EZ-up sidewalls (it's gonna rain...count on it)

Trailer dolly (sometimes you simply want to pack it up and get on the road)

I agree with DivaHerself. Cooked since 1987 and finally got a motorhome last year. Not as fancy as Diva's but it's GREAT!

Found these at Harbo freight for about $10.00 ea. Going to attach them to my ez-up with zip ties over the work table. Haven't checked to see how long the batteries last but should last more than enough. They are super bright and the heads are on swivels and rotate.
IMAG0032.jpg

Ken

Back