THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of course. Yesterday I threw some ribs in the pit with my brown sugar rub and never thought about what the end result would be using that rub over direct heat in a UDS. Long story short....they went into the trash after I took them out of the pit and saw the bottom :redface::redface: I could of probably used them for lump charcoal the way they were burnt :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks, guys! lol If this stuff can happen to you, bluetang, it could happen to anyone... and apparently does! :becky: You all make me feel a whole lot better. I was just starting to think "too stupid to Q" thoughts in my head. I'm supposed to be a fairly intelligent person. Afterall, I is a colege grajeit, and everything. Maybe that should be colege idjit, instead. :roll: Gotta go check the smoker!! :wink:

I've got a Master's Degree in Farking Up! (My MFA is otherwise known as an MFU)

Of course. Yesterday I threw some ribs in the pit with my brown sugar rub and never thought about what the end result would be using that rub over direct heat in a UDS. Long story short....they went into the trash after I took them out of the pit and saw the bottom :redface::redface: I could of probably used them for lump charcoal the way they were burnt :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh! Ouch!! Yeah, sugar burns, doesn't it? I'm waiting 'till the end of this cook to put something on the outside of my weave. Haven't made up my mind what yet, but it'll be at the end. Thanks for the reminder! :wink:

You mean like those two pork butts I had to toss for fear of everyone getting sick that one time? :tsk: Yep, I have had a few learning opportunities.

Bob, please forgive me for laughing, but by the time I got to the end of that, I was in tears! lol If you could only see the way my cook is going today, you'd understand. I'll post the whole gory mess at the end, but oh my goodness! I haven't laughed this hard in a long time! :laugh:

If I planned it, I could never come up with this many screw-ups in one cook. I'm having a hard time doing anything to salvage it because I've just been laughing so hard, I'm incapable of helping myself. Harvard thinks I'm a couple bricks short of a load, and just keeps shaking his head and disappearing back into the man cave. I'm going to try to finish cooking what's left, (there are turkey buzzards involved in this -- don't ask) and I'll attempt to post photos later. :roll:

hey CD, two words...door knob

Trish, I recently took a wire brush on my drill to finish getting the last of the poolish stains off the cabinet doors.

So, I went outside, and the fire was just about out... again! :tsk: I thought to myself, "self", I said, "I'll be hanged if I'm gonna start this farkin' fire back up again for the third time!" So, I went to the fireplace in the livingroom, and I pulled out my secret weapon... a battery powered bellows. Got that farkin' fire going again, and we're zooming along at a blazing 150*! Yay!!! At this rate, I'll be eating at midnight!! :wacko:

I have this wonderful gadget. A 2-2 1/2 foot copper pipe. You mash one end almost closed and blow through it . It creates a blast of air you won't believe until you try it.:becky:

Tish, I think you are doing something wrong. You should stop doing the wrong thing, then the other things will go better. I am experienced in this, stop doing the wrong things and other things will work out fine

I've been thinking about this one for a while. I didn't want to post until I finally come up with an example.

Frankly, I can't think of a single example where I didn't screw up.

Well, there was this ONE time. It involved stuffed peppers, gravity, and a faulty door knob. :doh:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116604

CD

OMG!! CD, I just read your doorknob story, and I'm utterly destroyed and in tears over here. I am laughing so hard, I'm in pain. I think you win this one, buddy. Even Harvard was in hysterics when I read it to him and showed him the photo of your TD entry! Now if I can just leave the bathroom long enough to go outside and check the smoker... hopefully, I can find the smoker, as it's now pitch black outside... maybe I'll see that something is actually cooking out there. Thanks, for the laugh, CD... that was priceless!! :thumb:

Back