MSU- Mexican Casserole

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Grilled and chilled a beef cut known as Southwest Grillers. Cut and chilled. Into the grinder. Meat lightly reasoned with Taco Seasoning. Stacked and layered in my Cast Iron Baby DO. Layers were green chile, green chile enchilada sauce, sauteed peppers and onions, salsa, Tillamook cheddar and sour cream. Corn tortillas.

Sour cream and salsa mixed together made pink sauce:)

Last edited:
Y’all pay attention, this is gonna get good!

Which grinder did you buy Adams?

The Weston 1HP. Hasn't jammed on anything I've put through it yet. I'm a light user, couple pounds perhaps maybe 5 pounds--- 2-3 times per month. Usually when I find chuck roast BOGO and boneless beef ribs. Weird cuts 40% off in Bargain Bin. Good meat great burger

Last edited:
Looking good!
I need another small DO. I make too much food when I use the big ones. lol

Adams,

You are the master in the MSU lab. Looks mighty tasty.

Looking good!
I need another small DO. I make too much food when I use the big ones. lol

Jeanie,

If you are like me, I don't know how to cook small. So I would just have to have multiple small dutch ovens. And I do not mind leftovers. Unlike Adams, who cooks small and also freezes the leftovers for another day, I fail in the frozen leftovers department. Once in the freezer, they seem to go into a dark hole only to be found again way, way past their prime.

I always chuckle when I see Adams list ingredients such as 1/2 a can of tomato paste. I think to myself, "I would have used at least two cans".

Thanks,

Robert

You like the Mateo's? Its pretty popular at my casa.

I think Mateo's is one of the best in taste and texture. Sadie's is another good one. Bottom line we always have a Pace Medium as that's The Bride's favorite everyday salsa. One or two of several also have a good place. Mateo's, Sadie's, kylitos and if your ever close to an Allsups try their brand of green chile salsa's and hot sauces too.

Mateo's is always great

Never heard of Mateo's, will have to look for it. My current store bought favorite is Desert Pepper Cantina Salsa, out of El Paso. While I love green salsa's, not a fan of Desert Pepper green salsa, prefer the Target house brand.

Back