Mothers day cook #1 (Brother in training)

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
So I have a close friend that has been eyin a WSM.. Hmm Mine! I have two so a couple of days ago he calls me and says got some babybacks at a good price. Can you help me Sunday cook them. He was thing of coming over to my house. I said sure but were cooking them at your house. All of my Mothers Day stuff is in the eve. Different thread..... I brought the WSM, Camera for documentation purposes... :loco: and the rub. Here is how it went:

The ribs (some not pictured)

MVC-015S.jpg

Lightly rubbed! Was not sure how hot of rub to use but this was a bench mark for them...

MVC-016S.jpg

Oh yes I showed him how to pull the membrane! And now the cook.. I also showed him the Minion method got pics but no need to show them...

MVC-018S.jpg

Showed the proper way of coolering... LOL that is his lunch box. He works in concrete/construction. I forgot to tell him his lunch box will smell like smoke for quite some time... :loco: He allso has two boys as big as him and they eat alot. :shocked:

MVC-022S.jpg

Well here him and I areat the end. I had to go home and do cook #2 for my wife. Again different thread. I told him keep it for a week and try it out. What he does not know that his wife and me bought a used WSM 18.5 from a comp team for $100 bones. It is in my garage. hehehehehe

MVC-021S.jpg

Have a great day Brothers and Sisters...

What a great friend you are ash, and also a great teacher. Everyone needs friends like you.

Sent via Criffvo with TT2

He prolly learned more in 5 hours than 5 months of doing it on his own. It is just a jump start...

Very nice of you to share your experience and knowledge, and also to locate a good WSM for a starter smoker. That's a great friend!

We'll see how much he likes BBQ in 6 months when he's still smelling it in his cooler haha

Lol yes my thinking as well! I did talk to him last night and said it was the quitest dinner in a long time. (Kids were eating ribs and not speaking) :laugh:

Nice job Ash! Way to share the wealth and the knowledge. I hope you showed him the way to the Brethren while you were at it. You know, for those times you can't make it over to his house. :thumb:

wow wish I had a friend like you to show me what to do, but alas I found the brethren and they taught me the way....

Next, show him how to cook 8 butts on that thing.:thumb:

Whooo hoo you hit the nail on the head! Actually I am going to do that. Not that I ever have done that before or 2 or three times... You are a witness to that...... I can be done! Thanks deguerre....

Nice job Ash! Way to share the wealth and the knowledge. I hope you showed him the way to the Brethren while you were at it. You know, for those times you can't make it over to his house. :thumb:

He has my cell just in case! :shocked: But yes he has the brethren website locked in... This is how good of friend I was... Last year I cooked his sons graduation for 120.... He came over to help and a few more brews than me got hooked. I am happy to help when I have time!

Marty, you've just got little capers going all over the place! :grin: You are a very good friend, indeed! :smile:

Those loin backs look super meaty!

Good going on the training session. His family is probably stoked, looking forward to more good food!

Back