Monday night Tri Tip

Frank Sacco

is Blowin Smoke!
Thanks to Bob S. and Mrs. Bob S. for hooking me up with my first Tri Tip roast. Great People!!

I seasoned it with Emeril's Original Essence and let it rest until the Performer was ready. I cooked indirect until the internal temp reached 130, then seared 2 min each side. Outrageous!!

Last edited:
I love Tri-Tip! I've tried cooking it a few different ways, smoking, on the drum, the Egg, but my favorite is on the Weber-sear both sides then move it off to the side indirect until 135*!
Yours looks great!

I love Tri-Tip! I've tried cooking it a few different ways, smoking, on the drum, the Egg, but my favorite is on the Weber-sear both sides then move it off to the side indirect until 135*!
Yours looks great!

Chosen cooking method for tonights cook: Reverse sear
Start off indirect, then sear until lightly blackend. I threw 2 pieces of apple wood in during the cook for added flavor. :-D

The juices were running off the cutting board...

very good looking we cook low and slow 160 for 3 hrs meat falls apart ..even the not so good meat taste good lol

NICE tri...

it always amazes me you guys can stand the wait time on letting them rest.

I always want to just take a nibble....and another....and another...

That looks real good! I did three tri tips on Sunday for the first time. What a fantastic piece of meat!

Yeah tri tips are an awesome piece of meat (its the cap off of the top sirloin). I like mine sliced about 3/4 - 1 inch thick across the grain and cooked on the grill like you do a tbone, strip, or ribeye. That way it doesn't take 2-3 hours to cook :)

Mike

Tri Tip is AWESOME and really soaks up the flavor from rubs and marinades real well. One of the house favorites!

Back