THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I took the day off from cooking yesterday so I had to catch up tonight...

I had some chicken thighs and boneless skinless breasts thawing, and a London broil.

I have been looking at everyone's chicken bombs, and my initial thought was to go down that road. I looked around the kitchen and had some fresh basil and mini sweet peppers, so there was a small change in plans...

I deboned the thighs...
photo3-3.jpg

First a little salty and pepper...
I then sliced up the mini peppers and placed them on the chicken.
Then some mozzarella and fresh basil...
photo4-2.jpg

I wrapped them up best I could then secured them with a toothpick. I passed on the bacon wrap... this time...

I gave the outside more salt and pepper - keeping it simple as to not overpower the basil.
Dusted the breasts with Yardbird - these will be sliced up.
Onto the Egg, raised direct at about 325 degrees... with two massive potatoes...
photo1-2.jpg

They went about 35-45 minutes. These are for lunch so no feedback on the taste but seriously - chicken, peppers, basil, and cheese - can't see how these would not be tasty. The thighs didn't get as dark as I would have liked, but I didn't want to burn them or have all the cheese melt out.

Threw the London broil on four minutes a side and let it rest. No pics of that...

Thanks for looking.

Back