THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tkruse

Knows what a fatty is.
Decided to invite some friends and family over for memorial. Smoked 3 racks of St Louis ribs from Costco and 7 lbs of flank steak marinated in a home made terryiaki recipe. Flank steak went REALLY hot and quick. I prefer to slice my flank thin before I marinade. The ribs went 2 hours in smoke, 2 in foil then only on the grill for 30min to set the sauce. When I removed the ribs from the foil most bones were showing through. Thought everything came out well for a noob. Had a little problem with the WSM. Maybe I started a little too much charcoal in the starter, but couldn't keep temps as low as I would have liked. Ran right about 300 the entire time. At one point I had closed all bottom vents and still couldn't get the temp down below 300? Anyways hope everyone enjoys the pics

Last edited:
I think you nailed the ribs.
Give us a review of your marinated flank strips.
Plate looks killer (except somebody buttered the corn with a snow shovel)

LOL, love the snow shovel remark. I of course was the last to eat, way after everyone, and the corn was cold. I didn't mind, but I totally get the comment. The flank steak marinade is amazing. It's a recipe that's been handed down. I usually marinade for roughly 24hrs before the cook.

Back