Monday memorial day BBQ with friends and family

Tkruse

Knows what a fatty is.
Decided to invite some friends and family over for memorial. Smoked 3 racks of St Louis ribs from Costco and 7 lbs of flank steak marinated in a home made terryiaki recipe. Flank steak went REALLY hot and quick. I prefer to slice my flank thin before I marinade. The ribs went 2 hours in smoke, 2 in foil then only on the grill for 30min to set the sauce. When I removed the ribs from the foil most bones were showing through. Thought everything came out well for a noob. Had a little problem with the WSM. Maybe I started a little too much charcoal in the starter, but couldn't keep temps as low as I would have liked. Ran right about 300 the entire time. At one point I had closed all bottom vents and still couldn't get the temp down below 300? Anyways hope everyone enjoys the pics

Last edited:
Nice work, delicious looking plate.

I think you nailed the ribs.
Give us a review of your marinated flank strips.
Plate looks killer (except somebody buttered the corn with a snow shovel)

LOL, love the snow shovel remark. I of course was the last to eat, way after everyone, and the corn was cold. I didn't mind, but I totally get the comment. The flank steak marinade is amazing. It's a recipe that's been handed down. I usually marinade for roughly 24hrs before the cook.

Back