Modern Marvels - "BBQ Tech."

timzcardz

Babbling Farker
Finishing up some work for a meeting later this AM, and I have the TV on.

On the History Channel is Modern Marvels - "BBQ Tech." covering the history and methods beyond all aspects of BBQ and grilling including manufaturing of lump and K, gas grills, infrared, etc.

Includes a piece on David Klose and his creations.

Interesting and worth watching if you can catch it sometime at a more reasonable hour of the day!

http://www.history.com/shows.do?action=detail&episodeId=175411

Last edited:
Did they have the BBQ Guru,Themapens, Pellet cookers or Backwoods on there with their convection option ? If not then I guess it's not really a show about bbq technology.

That looks like something I’d really like to see. I couldn’t seem to find when it’s going to rebroadcast. If anyone knows, please post it.
Thanks.

I didn't see the whole thing (came in halfway and was working too), but they did go through pellet cookers, including the entire process of manufacturing the pellets and the cookers.

I couldn't find when it would be rebroadcast either.

i saw this when it originally broadcasted a few months back. while it may not have been cutting edge (i.e. guru's etc.) i still found it enjoyable to watch. i wish there more shows like this. instead i sit around waiting for the bbq showdown and wishing i'd done more contests this year. :frown:

brian j said:
i saw this when it originally broadcasted a few months back. while it may not have been cutting edge (i.e. guru's etc.) i still found it enjoyable to watch. i wish there more shows like this. instead i sit around waiting for the bbq showdown and wishing i'd done more contests this year. :frown:
You are always going to wish you have done more contests..... I have come to realize this!!! I did a total of 15 this year, including 3 non-sanctioned events.... and I still find I'm cussing at myself for not eeeeking out a little more money to do the Brain Injury Assoc. contest, and the one in November in Arkansas.... I could have cooked 22, and I bet I would still be wishing I had done more.

I saw the show a couple of months ago as well. While I didn't see where all the "tech" part of it came in, I did enjoy watching it.

Andy, you're a nut, bro! 22 contests??? Somehow I don't think I'd ever wish myself doing more than a dozen! :shock: Maybe if I didn't have a one man show to set up and a one man/one woman show for tear down! :lol:

YankeeBBQ said:
Did they have the BBQ Guru,Themapens, Pellet cookers or Backwoods on there with their convection option ? If not then I guess it's not really a show about bbq technology.

Let's not get carried away.......:wink: The show was basically about what BBQ was a hundred years ago and what it has evolved into today. The show made very clear the difference between BBQ and grilling. For a one hour show I think it was well done. I am sure if they had 2 or three hours they could have touched on everything. Don't forget it was on the History Channel.

Back